Running Wire dipsy/chinook diver

I caught my first fish, hopefully many more to come, on a wire diver rod over the weekend. I was running a 6' leader with a spoon behind the dipsy. I've been thinking of running a flasher fly behind the chinook diver at some point. Will the depth charts change because of the drag of the flasher or should I expect similar depths compared to when I just run a spoon behind the dipsy? 

Edited by troutman10

I run the Chinooks the curves are pretty good overall I like my leaders to be about 1 rod length for netting purposes the divers get a lot of bites and get good speed variation as you turn to help dial it in. Snubers are a personal preference thing I do not run them

Sent from my SM-A536V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Chinooks also have no rings to worry about they take longer to adjust the weight than a dipsy but I don't adjust them now that they are dialed in

I run the #1 & #2 chinook divers when fishing shallow say less than 30ft. They’re great for all of the above reasons. The problem arises when fish are deeper. If your buddy calls you and says his 220 diver on a 1.5 setting with the ring is hotter than Dutch love, 😃 how do you reproduce that on a #4 or #5 chinook. 

The 5s will get just as deep I have touched bottom in 120 with 300 feet out though more typically in a straight line troll At salmon speeds I find about a 3:1 ratio if I have that much line out turns very the depth of course but I usually use my 5s as my deep rods with riggers above than#4 chinooks above that. All that of course subject to change as I get hits

• 3 weeks later...