hey

as is dave i am currently in iraq but am in transition home withing the next few weeks i cant wait i have been fishing in the oswego/fulton area my whole life but have not had the chance to return for about 7 yrs (well i had about 3 months last year before we deployed ) 15 months is way to long to go without fishing i have to teach my 3 kids how to fish also i am very excited about sharing my knowladge with them. my wife just picked up my boat yesterday so it will be al ready for me when i return it is a celebrity 181 nothing fancy but i think it is one of the better family/fishing boats i ordered a hummingbirg 597 combo for it and cant wait to take it out i havent bought anything as far as down riggers or anything yet but i plan to in the future i will mainly be fishing in the black river/henderson harbor area, oneida lake or in oswego out by wrights landing any pointers for a rusty fisherman that is finally returning to the water would be greatly appreciated

Welcome home, we're all thankful for your service and look forward to your safe return. There are a lot of members here from your area who will give you all the help you need to get your kids hooked on fishing. Bring 10th mtn Dave back with you. Should be a great year on the lake.

Welcome to the site lk. I fish out of Oswego also. When you get back look for "Treble Maker", a white/blue Islander. Monitor most all the channels. Give a shout & I'll fill you in on where NOT to go as that's usually where I am Not catching fish. ;) Good luck & have a safe trip home. Thank you for your service to our country. Bob