Public Boat Launch In Oswego?

Just wondering where a public boat launch is located in or near Oswego. Is it Wright's Landing? I've never launched in Oswego before, always launched up north by Henderson. I'm looking for other public boat launches in or near Oswego. Thanks in advance!

Hey Todd…

Wrights Landing Marina right there across the Oswego River is a terrific launch.  Within the last year or so they made some major improvements; great ramps…four boats at a time…brand new bathrooms and if you are interested, there is a fish cleaning station right there too.

Further east is Mexico Point which is nice as well, but I know you inquired about Oswego specifically.

I’m headed up tomorrow; good weather with a quiet lake!

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1900Tyee said:

Hey Todd…

Wrights Landing Marina right there across the Oswego River is a terrific launch.  Within the last year or so they made some major improvements; great ramps…four boats at a time…brand new bathrooms and if you are interested, there is a fish cleaning station right there too.

Further east is Mexico Point which is nice as well, but I know you inquired about Oswego specifically.

I’m headed up tomorrow; good weather with a quiet lake!

Good luck!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! Best of luck tomorrow.

Actually I’ve launched there a dozen times and have never paid.  But I had always wondered what the deal was up there.  It had been under construction so I though maybe that was part of it; then most recently we had Covid issues…so, idk.  Mexico Point has a kiosk to pay but as it works out, hitting the deep water contours is a lot easier out of Oswego.  So I have just been going there.

PM me if you are out there tomorrow.  ttyl 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1900Tyee said:

Actually I’ve launched there a dozen times and have never paid.  But I had always wondered what the deal was up there.  It had been under construction so I though maybe that was part of it; then most recently we had Covid issues…so, idk.  Mexico Point has a kiosk to pay but as it works out, hitting the deep water contours is a lot easier out of Oswego.  So I have just been going there.

PM me if you are out there tomorrow.  ttyl 

Thanks! It turns out that I won't get my water pump kits replaced on my main motor and kicker motor today, so I'll be fishing on a friend's boat west of Henderson tomorrow. I'll PM you from the lake when I do make it to Oswego.