Launched solo on the river by 0600 this morning.  Lake was freeeeeeking flat!  Bright sun,  Barge & crane working on the Summerville pier again.  Headed out and to the left again.  Here's were I was:

07-07-22a.thumb.jpg.9dcc7d530b6d7c4a8261e78154b900f3.jpg

(heh, heh, heh...somewhere between river & Long Pond,,,I can't see that far anymore...)

Put in at 175 & went to 250FOW.  Lot of flys (sp) at 210FOW, so spent most of the time at 210-225 FOW.  Put one rigger at 65, other at 55 with a stacker at 45. Of all the years of my fishing Big-O...this is the 1st triple of Kings that I've ever, being solo, landed:  

07-07-22b.thumb.jpg.e7e7949c722601ca65bb45f97937d6c7.jpg

And I was able to revive all 3 of them.   YAY!   Was worried about the middle one, but he finally swam away.  Funny that the bigger one came on the high line & the little one on the deeper line.  All on Spooks, 2.8 GPS.

Retied all the lines & got them back down.  One sip of coffee and this guy hits:

07-07-22c.thumb.JPG.45fe0ec69a2e69e33034c0f5261b04eb.JPG

Revived him too.  He's got a lampry mark that's healed.  Others were all clean.  Fish were nailing bait on the surface, after I got the last one.  Saw a lot of swirls & fins out of water.  Fleas were  definitely present.

Pulled them up around 10 as a little wind came up but not enough to cool me off...was getting hot out there.

C.G. was pulling their little boat out at the launch.  Must have been a budget cut as they only have twin 225's on it.  Sheriff has 300's & Border Patrol has 350's.  (Our tax dollars at work....)  USFWS just launch and was going to check their nets for invasives. 

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• Like 10