Sodus 7/7 Am - Can the weather get be any better?

Beautiful morning, headed right out to 200’

Temp break was obvious so drop both riggers, one 85 down other one 95. Got one dispsy set and rigger #1 goes.....

Hang on a minute, my daughter is with me today trying to get her first King, so the rigger fires and she says, I think we might have one over there! The drag is screaming, I set dipsy rod down and grab the rod, check drag, and hand it to her, tell her good luck!

About 45 minutes later we get the fish on board, 40”, 24 “ girth and the head is 18” right t the gill line. Big Female!

We ended up hooking 7, landed 6, a couple of other mediums others were little.

Its like shooting your biggest buck ever the first time you go hunting, then what!

Good Luck

2E218A1E-E016-484D-96D9-F0198F977C59.thumb.jpeg.a706eddf06036948e1c244617bf01ea1.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

Thanks to All!

Very entertaining and exciting fish fight!

The fleas were there but the nasty little bugs were brutal!

i have been treating my lines with this stuff made from bees wax, it really helps with the fleas.

comes in a jar like a honey jar, sold as a lubricant for guns, Reels etc

A guy told me to use it for fleas and it works!

Pappy, I took my daughter out in the a.m. on the 7th out of Sodus too.  No big fish  like yours but we had fun.  We did some dancing with the rods when we pulled her 16.5 pounder in (she did not want to hold the big one for the picture [she is waiting for her 20 pounder]).  We had our lines around 10 feet deeper than you (Pappy).  We ended up going 5 for 5. The fleas are the worst I have seen.

IMG_0903.thumb.jpg.0ecf274174d98c79c04eaca3978f1aa5.jpg  

IMG_0907.thumb.jpg.2c7db921f6b941499704907930982844.jpg

IMG_0904.thumb.jpg.59646b290447b9dd460cf656e9ade168.jpg

When we were headed in, slowly picking our lines up we got this one (just over 18.5).  My daughter passed on this one when she heard the drag go.  We were inside 120 feet and I could not tell you how far down the rigger was because I brought is up some odd amount and then was distracted breaking down rods for a few minutes.  My daughter is still learning how to handle the net (aren't we all, at times).  She had the fish in the net, and then it jumped out before she pulled and lifted (we got lucky she got another chance to net, because the cheater was caught in the netting after the first attempt).  The eel on this one didn't survive.

IMG_0911.thumb.jpg.557008c8d1fa67675ce5dbab97ca5e86.jpg

Edited by Hillside
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Pappy said:

Thanks to All!

Very entertaining and exciting fish fight!

The fleas were there but the nasty little bugs were brutal!

i have been treating my lines with this stuff made from bees wax, it really helps with the fleas.

comes in a jar like a honey jar, sold as a lubricant for guns, Reels etc

A guy told me to use it for fleas and it works!

Hillside, great post and great pictures!

congrats to you both, IMO it’s the crazy stuff that goes on that makes the better memories! We had a bit of a struggle with the netting yesterday too, but I’ll stop there because it was me!

• Thanks 1