trolling spoons/tackle

Hello all, been a member for some time now but have never posted. Some great reports and info are shared here and I figured I would add something.

I am attaching a link to a great little company out of Indiana called Tamiron Sporting Goods. He caries a full line of trolling tackle and tapes - the tapes are very bright and easy to use along with being very durable. This tackle is proven on Lake Champlain for trout and salmon. I don't see why they wouldn't produce on Ontario as well. I know you folks were looking for an excuse to buy more stuff so here ya go.

http://websearch.cs.com/gw/boomframe.js ... ron.com%2F

Wow, not a single report for a year and a half? Hope you got some good info off the site.

Not much for where I fish - you do realize that people fish other places then Ontario right azz hat. Doesn't take much to be a mod on this site does it ding-dong. Sorry to deprive you of the one or 2 charters that I do per year, learned way more about the lures and rigs from that then here. I like reading about fishing so bite me. There are alot of good folks that have posted links for various tackle suppliers and I see these lures mentioned so I posted a link and get attacked by a mod of all members - way to set an example to the members. For those who have posted links, thanks as I am always looking for possible tackle sources that might carry lures in the sizes and patterns we use on Champlain and in the Adirondacks.

For the other member that was wondering if it is a new owner - it is the same guy, he moved to Indiana so they are still the same lures. We have good luck with these spoons on Champlain. He is very good to do bussines with, he has done some custom patterns for me.

To the other members my comments to the mod are in no reflection on how I feel about this great site, you guys post some great reports and pics - thanks for the good reads.

CF we know its not a reflection how you feel about the site.But it is avery good insite to your personalty . Glad you enjoy yourself here .P.S. Musky is one of the kindest, gentilest ,will drop what he is doing to help you type guy,there is on this earth . Ray K. proud teamate with Musky bob..

Muskybob deserves to be addressed as "Super Moderator" sir, I don't know him personally but I think he must be a great guy, he just wants to see that the forum works. Your choice of adjectives to describe him and personal attacks are just well, uncalled for. The way any forum works is you provide info, read info, share what works for you.

The problem with the internet is that your can't see the expression of the one who is writing. I.E. It's awful easy to take something the wrong way & get riled.

Anyways. Honey bees have been a Go-To lure for a lot of years. Unique wobble, especially the Medium #2's.

CF - How's the fishing on Lake C? I heard they got a pretty good lamprey problem. Any truth to that?

Tom B.

(LongLine)

where abouts in champlain do you fish? i'm from plattsburgh and get out from time to time to do a lil trout or for our pathetic salmon population. There seems to be a few of us from lake champlain area, i usually only post reports about lake o when we head out there along with various other things but i'll start posting reports once we get the boat out here, it would be nice to get a few us to report whats going on locally.

Tom, new york and vermont have been somewhat succesful with the lamprey treatments however our brothers to the north haven't been doing there part. DEC has noticed recently that small streams have now become over run with spawning lampreys now so it is difficult to stay on top of every spawning point but as you go north you do see more lampreys unfortunately. :no: We've had treatments for years and i can truly say we haven't see any problems like what happen to the walleyes last year in mex bay so that would lead me to believe theres something else that happened last year to kill all those walleyes.

Bob, I only check this site out once in a while for a change of pace. Don't come here looking for free info. Like I said in my original post that I see something about honeybees and posted. Don't worry won't ask you to fish and the charters I refered to where ones I had done and not that you were a charter guy. Not much to post about Ontario open water fishing for me. I have other sites that I share plenty of info and banter on that are geared for those waters that the members fish. Never spent much time on the sub boards as again not much on them about areas I fish that are close to home. Still a nice site with some good reports and photos.

Longline - the fishing for salmon and trout is improving and both states are working hard on the lamprey issue. There has been a group of us working hard behind the scenes to help keep getting treatments done. They are getting wounding rates way down but still have a little ways left to go to get to target levels of the program.

Fishman - I launch out of Port Douglas and fish that area and to the south. There is a pretty good population of salmon but you gotta be willing to freeze in order to really get into them. Oct thru Dec is one of the best periods to troll for them, just hard to find a place to launch that won't beat up the boat.

Thanks for the kind words about the site cf. There are guys here that would really appreciate your posts. Many here not only fish Big O, but Champlain & other lakes also. What works in one lake may work in another so it's kind of a win win for everyone when we share information. Hope to see more of your posts in the future. ;)

Very true Bob but our Atlantics just won't go for those big Spin DR.S and flies though - I think it scares them. There are guys that use dodgers and flies or use a larger size spoon for a flasher. But yes some of the baits and patterns work just about anywhere just different sizes.

CF

Check out www.fishlakewinni.com if you already havent. It's a great site from up in NH. They are using some different spoons over there. Check out the Top Guns, DB Smelts, Savants spoons - winni wonder and Jake 45. There are links to a few tackle shops. AJ's bait and tackle and Paugus Bay sports. I know both owners and they will ship orders to you. Just ask. Some great info is shared on that site. It's just a bit primative the way the site is laid out. Click on the message board link and you will see what I mean.

Remember, this is a great site too and please come back and keep us posted on how you are doing.