good muzzleoaders

33 minutes ago, schreckstoff said:

I have the exact set up as what Gambler said and it is my favorite gun.

Contemplating buying another for my family. 

They are tack drivers and the deer just drop!  I'm getting one for my kid this fall.  

Just an FYI..   Cabelas appears to have Blackhorn 209 in stock on-line..  I placed an order on Friday (ship to store) and it went thru, got a confirmation and it let me select 4 bottles...   Still a bit skeptical, but we will see

5 hours ago, Smat64 said:

Looks like the bottle went from 10 to 8 oz too, but thanks for the post as i haven't seen it for sale in years. 

They call that “sizeflation”…. It is a new technical Term for getting screwed..  happenings everywhere…

I personally shoot the CVA Paramount, with 98grains (weighed) Blackhorn and the 270 grain power belt made to go with it. Same hole accuracy at 150 and easy ability to shoot out to 400 (where my skill about ends). For all intents and purposes its like a single shot rifle. In my opinion it's the best "factory" offering for accuracy. If you go the custom route, then its a whole new ballgame of accuracy and ability to use smokeless which is a delight. 

We have had good luck with CVA optima V2. Sportsman guide double discount shipped to your door if you are looking for a low budget option. Also there is a whole bunch of added supplies needed so figure that in too. 

the cva paramount in 45 caliber is the ultimate mz, but the price keeps most people from buying it. and with the accuracy of other cva models at much more affordable prices why spend the money? I have one of the accura v2 50 caliber that is just great. it has the easy removable breach plugs which makes it one of the best to clean.

but then i seen the accura v2 nitride 45 extra length barrel I just had to have one for 425.00 on sale. I bought the power belt elr 45 285 grn bullets and have been shooting the best groups ever. i would recommend either gun for the price. and the cva of today is not the cva of yesterday. the company was bought out and it had a complete change over in quality rifles.