Keys to Running a Mixed Program?

5 hours ago, AnglingAddict said:

Caution with the torpedo divers and clipping them onto coppers if you are running coppers on planer boards.  You most likely will have trouble passing a copper over top of a size 1 dipsey.....If you are running the copper down the chute shouldn't have any issues deploying down the chute but caution on turns should be exercised.

Yes great point.  Realized this before trying luckily… didn’t want to risk a mess with limited opportunities on weather shortened trip.  

2 hours ago, chowder said:

Big boards are probably worth looking at. I run a shorter core or copper all the way out and a long core next . The other side a different shorter core or copper and then a different longer copper. For instance Starboard :150 copper, 300 copper. Port: 10 color core , 400 copper.  As far as divers go I would recommend considering running inside wire divers with FF combos and outside slide divers with spoons or at least a SD on one side and wire dipsy on the other and let fish decide. As far as the riggers and meat goes , I like to mix there as well - deep rigger w/ deep meat + big paddle then stack spoon over that. Mid rigger with meat and 8” pro troll or spinny then stack a spoon at a different depth above than spoon stacker on deep rigger. Shallow rigger I usually stack 2 different size and color spoons. 

Awesome spread!!  What do you do to reset when high, outside board fires?  

On 7/14/2022 at 12:10 PM, Cody191 said:

My opinion is it’s much easier attaching a torpedo to the backer where it connects to your weighted line. You just let out the amount of backer it takes to get the torpedo down to where you want the extra depth.

For example, I have a 200’ ws that goes say 40’. But I want 80’. I attach a musky torpedo on backer at ws connection. Reference torpedo chart for speed and let out enough line to take torpedo to 40’. Now lure should be roughly 80’. It is close as verified by fish hawk TD.

If you attach the torpedo to the leader end of the leadcore you will change the five curve of the lead core. Who knows where it would be. You would probably have to create your own custom dive curve chart through testing.

This way also is stealthier as the torpedo is running 40’ above lure not right in front of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is an option too. To go on the backer.  

I did both actually. I just liked the to go on a (strong) leader ... it means that most of the time you don't need to take the diver off when reeling in a fish. I wouldn't put it on anything lighter than 20 lb though.