6" spin doctors on finger lakes

Does anyone use them to target rainbows, browns, landlocked salmon? Saw some in bright colors that silver fish might like. Recently picked up a few and maybe gonna try them unless I'm wasting my time. Looking to run small howie fly around 16-18" behind. 

I tried a coho setup on Cayuga this Spring with a yellow 6" Spin Doctor and a trailing Howie fly.  It caught a couple Lake Trout,  but no Silvers.  When Cayuga Lakers are hungry, sometimes I think they will attack anything you put in the water ......

They do work 6 inch spinnie with 18 inch lead and either a 2 inch slider fly, meat rig teaser fly or a trimmed down 4 inch fly you would use for kings seemed to work best for me like atomik mirage, hammer, stud, orange uv and other fly colors , definitely not numbers of silvers but once a trip if your around quality sized sized silvers it will get smoked, but spoons will outproduce it pretty much everytime 

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to catch Lakers on spin Dr (white or green) with spin-n-glows, all the silvers are on spoons and planer boards. Haven't gotten a silver yet on spin Drs but I'll keep trying LOL