Few silvers starting to show

Got a late start today with my wife. Set up out of the gate with heavy boat traffic and weed mats, manged through it, hit some clear water and started washing lures. Has been a bit slow waiting for the set up but we started to see it today. As usual a lot of slow time then BAM....board goes ripping back with a great jumper on the core. Fighting through that the rigger fires and starts bouncing, my wife gets the boat positioned with the wind and we were fighting double bows. I put mine in the holder to help with hers which was a good one. Got hers to the net and I finished mine. Chaos, but fun as my wife caught her PB rainbow. Marked the spot and did circles,  bite lasted about an hour then died again. Lost a nice brown near the net, but a good batch of silver came out of the column to play for a bit. Short cores did the trick, shallow coppers only did lakers and small bows, reduced speed from 2.6 down to 2 and had all my action. Orange and copper colors were hot in that bright sun today......things are starting to set up it seems, fleas not too bad. Tight lines.

20220717_144951.jpg

20220717_121035.jpg

20220717_120545.jpg

20220717_123552(0).jpg

• Like 9

are you fishing on Owasco? and if so from north or south end going to try there tuesday or wednesday for the first time ever and going to launch from the north end. any advice would be appreciated.

Bstone, yes that’s where, north is good, less weed mats there now, coppers and cores work best for me. Riggers do ok, if fleas aren’t bad. Find you temp, set above, cover water, loud colors to trigger strikes, when you find one, don’t leave , start making big circles until bite stops, then continue your original direction on the troll, check temp regular to see where to set, not completely set up yet, be prepared to wash lures for a bit........I fished over 2 hours today before my first good rip......if you want lakers....different story, watch your finder, drop em below 60 and  have some fun....good luck.

• Like 2

You are killing them, beautiful fish. Must be your good luck fishing hat LOL. I have no way to monitor temps at the ball, if you were going to fish next Tuesday, what would be your preferred depth, or colors out on your leadcore? Any info would be appreciated, I do really well on lakers in that lake but have never caught a silver there. Thanx in advance!