Deep Swimming Lure Advice

Hi Everyone - I don't know if this realistic, but are there lures that you can cast out, retrieve back, but have the lure swim deep, 20-30 feet?  I'm interested in experimenting with casting and retrieving horizontally as opposed to the vertical jigging I typically do (right time of year). Would something like a heavy bucktail twitched or jersey stay down pretty deep? 

Plenty  of deep crankbaits to choose from but not fun to fish as they pull so hard.  I've casted deep tail dancers in open water for walleye and got it to work, but again not fun to reel in.   I have taildancers and bass crankbaits that go to 40 feet of depth.  I'd use a heavy jig and a keitech swimbait.  Find a 20 foot flat and count down further each cast till you are bumping bottom and subtract 1 second and that gives you a way to fish that approximate depth for suspended fish.  If your fish are on the bottom just let it fall to the bottom and slow roll it in or dropshot as mentioned above.   The Ned rig is effective dragged on the bottom as well