Made it to town on Friday in time to fish for a few hours. 10 seconds after setting the first rigger down 50’ in 150’ we had the first (dink but legal) king and let him go. Every color spoon we put down hooked up fish, but the little guys seemed to prefer large and obnoxious and the bigger fish took more natural standard dreamweaver spoons. Biggest fish came on a dipsey with a spin doctor. The best part was NOBODY else was out on the lake. Most likely at the Captains meeting for the Pro-Am.

Saturday Morning started slow, extremely slow. Started in 220’ and hit some spots from last weekend but couldn’t turn a bite in 3 hours. Marked a lot of fish, but no takes. A few groups of boats were in the 110’-150’ range but we decided to go deeper. Good choice. 9:15 - Noon was steady action. Only 3 under 20”. Best water was 350’, 400’, and 500’ - anywhere from 50’-110’ down took good kings.

Saturday afternoon I flew solo from 2:30 PM to 8PM and decided to stay close and grind the water other boats pounded all day. 100’-135’ had sporadic groups of fish and good bait - most being between the 60’-70’ range. Took two nice kings in 110’ down 70’ fairly quickly (except the fight) on a standard Dreamweaver green jeans and an 8” white/pearl spin doctor. Around 6PM I switched to purple colored spoons and the browns were chewing good in the same water - with some small kings mixed in.

Sunday Morning - My wife and I started in close at 110’ with a few good marks mixed with the browns. She landed a few browns and missed/lost a few, and then we headed out deeper. The fish in 250’ were still there but couldn’t get big bites (only little guys). After a couple hours with no big boys I decided it was time to start over. I brought in the lines, shut the boat off, took a swim, and then re-rigged. A few minutes after setting the first rigger down 55’ in 315’ it was “kind of” game on for 1 1/2 hours (11AM - 12:30PM) with mature kings. Most were lost. The kings we landed or saw were not hooked inside the mouth, but rather in the cheek or under the jaw. Dreamweaver Get R Done had 7 fish during that time, NBK had 2. 50’-55’ down was key for us. We also shortened the distance from the ball to 10’ and 15’.

Thanks for reading,

Mike

IMG_2387.JPGIMG_2390.JPG67969210444__18272C7E-BDFA-4655-BA15-78CA09BE3229.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:21 PM, TheToadHunter said:

Made it to town on Friday in time to fish for a few hours. 10 seconds after setting the first rigger down 50’ in 150’ we had the first (dink but legal) king and let him go. Every color spoon we put down hooked up fish, but the little guys seemed to prefer large and obnoxious and the bigger fish took more natural standard dreamweaver spoons. Biggest fish came on a dipsey with a spin doctor. The best part was NOBODY else was out on the lake. Most likely at the Captains meeting for the Pro-Am.

Saturday Morning started slow, extremely slow. Started in 220’ and hit some spots from last weekend but couldn’t turn a bite in 3 hours. Marked a lot of fish, but no takes. A few groups of boats were in the 110’-150’ range but we decided to go deeper. Good choice. 9:15 - Noon was steady action. Only 3 under 20”. Best water was 350’, 400’, and 500’ - anywhere from 50’-110’ down took good kings.

Saturday afternoon I flew solo from 2:30 PM to 8PM and decided to stay close and grind the water other boats pounded all day. 100’-135’ had sporadic groups of fish and good bait - most being between the 60’-70’ range. Took two nice kings in 110’ down 70’ fairly quickly (except the fight) on a standard Dreamweaver green jeans and an 8” white/pearl spin doctor. Around 6PM I switched to purple colored spoons and the browns were chewing good in the same water - with some small kings mixed in.

Sunday Morning - My wife and I started in close at 110’ with a few good marks mixed with the browns. She landed a few browns and missed/lost a few, and then we headed out deeper. The fish in 250’ were still there but couldn’t get big bites (only little guys). After a couple hours with no big boys I decided it was time to start over. I brought in the lines, shut the boat off, took a swim, and then re-rigged. A few minutes after setting the first rigger down 55’ in 315’ it was “kind of” game on for 1 1/2 hours (11AM - 12:30PM) with mature kings. Most were lost. The kings we landed or saw were not hooked inside the mouth, but rather in the cheek or under the jaw. Dreamweaver Get R Done had 7 fish during that time, NBK had 2. 50’-55’ down was key for us. We also shortened the distance from the ball to 10’ and 15’.

Thanks for reading,

Mike

IMG_2387.JPGIMG_2390.JPG67969210444__18272C7E-BDFA-4655-BA15-78CA09BE3229.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hope those little buggers went back in many little bits

17 hours ago, ski-dooz said:

Anyone fish today? Heading out in the morning thinking of starting about 200 foot and head out. If the rain isn’t to bad. 

updates please and thank you. Headed that way in a couple days

Fished out of fair haven this past Thursday got 5 straight out of the shoot 600’ of water. My dad was not feeling good so we didn’t fish Friday. Tried on Saturday morning but there were 5 footers went out about 300 yards and turned around. Today looks really good but I had to get home. Carbon 14 was good black green ladder back took a fish. Meat rig white paddle. Tried the green bam but no luck with that. All was deep 275 on wire and 90-120 on the riggers. There were more fish but I didn’t want to keep bringing them up in the warm water. We were done by 11 am. 

• Like 1