Everyone needs to read this one and respond

This bill would destroy hunting and fishing as we know it in America. Republicans need to get their heads out of their ass now as we need a sane Republican Party now more than ever. This latest move is friekin head scratcher.  Please everyone on this site would be negatively affected if this passes so send an email to your representative to squash this bill. 

06B3ACFB-0191-4F3E-9773-26BE800C0D3E.jpeg

Edited by Gill-T

2 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

This bill would destroy hunting and fishing as we know it in America. Republicans need to get their heads out of their ass now as we need a sane Republican Party now more than ever. This latest move is friekin head scratcher.  Please everyone on this site would be negatively affected if this passes. Send an email to your representative to squash this bill. 

06B3ACFB-0191-4F3E-9773-26BE800C0D3E.jpeg

It is redistributed back to the states.  It more than likely goes back to the general fund.  As a tackle manufacturer, I have to pay Excise tax and it hurts small business.  I really don't think this will affect us that much at all.  

Brian, research everything the fund pays for.  These monies are for the outdoor pursuits and the politicians can’t get their grubby hands on it. Cuomo illegally tried and got slapped. You like state land?  You like boat launches?  You like fish stocking programs?   This fund touches everything we do. 

1 minute ago, Gill-T said:

Brian, research everything the fund pays for.  These monies are for the outdoor pursuits and the politicians can’t get their grubby hands on it. Cuomo illegally tried and got slapped. You like state land?  You like boat launches?  You like fish stocking programs?   This fund touches everything we do. 

If it goes towards that stuff and not the general fund, I don't agree with taking it away.  

Close your eyes and picture a world where we would have to lobby every year to have money budgeted for fish stocking, pheasant programs, DEC funding, lamprey spraying, creation of WMA’s or state game lands etc etc. It is game over if we allow non-hunting/fishing/conservation minded people to have control over the funding of these activities through the general fund.  This is an anti-hunting/fishing bill. 

Edited by Gill-T

This is ridiculous, their alternative is to let corporations **** up federal lands to make up the money. I’m perfect fine paying that tax. One of the few government programs that works well enough to keep going 

Instead they will generate funding from onshore and offshore energy leases a.k.a wind turbines...no no no no no !! And NO ! The bill has worked just fine for this many years and no true outdoorsman has a problem paying a tax that actually goes to benefit the outdoors! Man these politicians always gotta go stickin their nose in **** and f****** it all up smh

Sent from my LM-V450 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

What does this have to do with 2nd amendment rights anyway ? Can someone explain ? I assumed it was the tax on hunting and fishing licenses...duck stamps etc. Etc. Does this tax apply when you buy guns and ammo?..?

P-R act placed an 11 % tax on long guns , ammo and archery equipment  and a 10% tax on handguns. The monies collected MUST be used for outdoor programs 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

What does this have to do with 2nd amendment rights anyway ? Can someone explain ? I assumed it was the tax on hunting and fishing licenses...duck stamps etc. Etc. Does this tax apply when you buy guns and ammo?..?

Excise tax is on fishing tackle, bow equipment, hunting equipment, gas, diesel, kerosene, coal, tanning, sports wagering, vape products, and a lot of other things.  

27 minutes ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

And it all goes to support the outdoors though correct ? Or is there some backdoor bs like everything else ? Lol

All I know is I pay 10% on product I sell for Gambler Rigs and it really chews away at profits.  I have no idea where it actually goes.  Knowing NY, they suck it dry for other things somehow.  

• Like 1

It’s a federal tax. It goes to Washington and they allocate the money to the states to make sure it goes to outdoor stuff.  It is earmarked. As the money pools, it has to be used. This why you are seeing NYS buying large tracts of land recently. There have some great pieces that recently have been bought that are absolute gems for hunting. The DEC will be adding more in the near future. These purchases are listed on the DEC websites and have public announcements in newspapers. If you are paying attention, these tracts (previously private) are ripe with targets. 

Here is a link to the article Gill_T posted.

https://www.outdoornews.com/2022/06/30/u-s-house-bill-would-eliminate-pittman-robertson-act/

Gambler, just curious, why don't you just factor the 10% into the cost of gambler rigs? I always assumed when buying hunting or fishing gear that these taxes we factored in or collected on what I was spending.

I personally have no issue paying it. It's a long running program that is widely seen a a sucess and a postive. Not sure why either party would want to end it, much less they republicains. It will hurt the GOP votrers the most.

1 minute ago, MXFisher said:

Here is a link to the article Gill_T posted.

https://www.outdoornews.com/2022/06/30/u-s-house-bill-would-eliminate-pittman-robertson-act/

Gambler, just curious, why don't you just factor the 10% into the cost of gambler rigs? I always assumed when buying hunting or fishing gear that these taxes we factored in or collected on what I was spending.

I personally have no issue paying it. It's a long running program that is widely seen a a sucess and a postive. Not sure why either party would want to end it, much less they republicains. It will hurt the GOP votrers the most.

I have to stay competitive on prices with my competitors.  It's tough enough now that everyone and their brother is selling spin n glo rigs and now a competitor just purchased some of my death traps.  More than likely I will have competition with those now......

13 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

I have to stay competitive on prices with my competitors.  It's tough enough now that everyone and their brother is selling spin n glo rigs and now a competitor just purchased some of my death traps.  More than likely I will have competition with those now......

That's understandable. I hope your customers stay loyal and don't go to someone copying your rigs. 

I guess I just didn't realize so many things were taxed to benefit the outdoors and habitat ! Seems very fishy that their trying to abolish it. Thanks for the enlightenment...im definitely for keeping the tax in place and Id also say any politician who's on board with getting rid of the bill needs to be taken a closer look at as I'm sure there's an agenda in their somewhere or some form of ulterior motives!! There always is

There is probably more to the story why Republicans' are creating this bill.  I'd like to see a non-talking point explanation from Elise.  Odds are Dems want to use a tax like this on ammo and guns at some astronomical rate.  I don't care for the hundreds of hidden taxes on any of our purchases.    This is one that benefits me.  I'd rather pay direct for my usage.  The government takes your money then tries to give it back to make it look like they are doing something great.

2 hours ago, MXFisher said:

That's understandable. I hope your customers stay loyal and don't go to someone copying your rigs. 

I have a great customer base and I'm not worried.  I strive to be the best and this will not change that.  Once my competitor sees how labor intensive they are, they might have second thoughts.  I only carry lake trout gear now (discontinuing my walleye worm harness line) and all of my competitors do lake trout and salmon stuff.  I can dedicate my time to one line and not get distracted by demand of the other side!

3 hours ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

I guess I just didn't realize so many things were taxed to benefit the outdoors and habitat ! Seems very fishy that their trying to abolish it. Thanks for the enlightenment...im definitely for keeping the tax in place and Id also say any politician who's on board with getting rid of the bill needs to be taken a closer look at as I'm sure there's an agenda in their somewhere or some form of ulterior motives!! There always is

It really does make ya wonder why they would want to end a popular and long running sucessfully program. There is a lot of articles out there regarding it. Worth taking a look for sure. 

here is one I found. 

https://www.postregister.com/outdoors/pittman-robertson-act-is-essential-to-wildlife-agencies/article_6febe5eb-ffbc-55aa-8d5c-7ca8147a668f.html

2 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

I have a great customer base and I'm not worried.  I strive to be the best and this will not change that.  Once my competitor sees how labor intensive they are, they might have second thoughts.  I only carry lake trout gear now (discontinuing my walleye worm harness line) and all of my competitors do lake trout and salmon stuff.  I can dedicate my time to one line and not get distracted by demand of the other side!

Captain Obvious moment: Your competitors pay the same tax. It is all relative and goes to better the industry you are serving with your product. 

2 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Captain Obvious moment: Your competitors pay the same tax. It is all relative and goes to better the industry you are serving with your product. 

Do they?  I wouldn't be so sure they do.  I know for a fact some small guys fly under the radar (I'm not sure about my competitors).  

Right. You have a point there. If a business does illegal activities and does not collect taxes from customers and submit those taxes to the state then they would not be contributing to the fund as intended.