Fishing Seneca

Hey all,

I’ll be traveling up to Seneca this Wednesday through Saturday to hang with some family. I plan to fish mornings and maybe some evenings with my 4 and 6 year olds. Im trying to get them interested and stay interested in fishing. I’ve fished Cayuga a lot but not Seneca. Are there areas on the north end that are better for lakers this time of year? I’ll be out of Sampson. I just want to get them on as many fish as possible even if there small. Keeps them interested. I’ll bring the whole arsenal of spoons, ff,cowbells and gambler rigs. Any starting points would be helpful. If anyone else is around and wants to network I’m more than willing to share anything I figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a tough lake right now to fish with all the lamprey in the system but Samson is a good starting point to start & work your way north looking for bait & large marks on your fishfinder & work them hard good luck

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who replied with suggestions. Over the 4 days I was on Seneca I really only got to fish from 5:30am to about 8-9:00 am daily. Managed to boat 27 lakers in the 18”-25” range. The advice given by LOU members really cut down on my search time. My 4 year old boy had a blast reeling them in. When we were leaving he said dad, now that we’re done fishing can I come buck hunting? Mission accomplished!

Gambler rigs and hammerhead cowbells of course did the majority of the work.

• Like 2

Out of all those fish none had a live lamprey on them and only a few had marks. Goes to show you can’t believe everything you read.

We have definitely seen some days where there's a lot, and some days there's none.

The last few trips only a couple adult eels.

Spring time we saw alot of juveniles.

Browns had it worse out of all the fish.

Nick

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Lake Ontario United mobile app