I fished the shoot out with my daughter and friend. I Had friends who did well inside Friday and with the south winds the thought was stay inside and look for our four fish. We set up in 100 fow off the Nose and sloooow was the start. Our screen was bleak which I don’t always mind but the seaweed plugging up the lures was a pain. Every 10 min I popped lines and they were always full of crap. About 1 1/2 hrs in we had one brown which we released as it wouldn’t have done any good. The wind and current were so strong unfortunately the only way to maintain speed and presentation was a south troll (small boat problems) . We decided to head offshore for south troll back in hopes on stumbling on on a random matures and looking to see if we could knab a big money steelhead. We reset in 570fow and pretty quickly the steelhead were nipping . Most 4-5lbs we released in the water and we held one 8lb just in case. As we broke 500fow some small kings appeared and we kept a 10lb but still mostly juvenile fish is all we could muster. Waypoints from last weekend in 475 finally produced a big king around 21lbs and we missed another major on the 400 copper. Those were the only two mature fish we ran into all day. We ended with a full box to weigh in but I knew the box was small and the steelie was also small for a big steelehead prize.  
8 hrs of straight fishing with my daughter and friend was everything I hoped for in the day and made it all worth it.  As we went to weigh ins it reminds me of why I love this community. So many of the mentors that invested time in helping me were all smiles ,and  they make my daughter feel so proud of herself. The amount of time donated  by the organizers( so that we can create memories with our family/friends) is truly appreciated. I was really excited for many of my friends taking up the money slots as they consistently prove their abilities. 

448A9F2E-BC40-4536-BF05-B278F2D46633.jpeg

• Like 13

Headed out to 300+ based on your comments!  Thanks again. 2 dipsy hook ups lost. Then this took a black and purple down 75 over 350!! 

20# king 

released a 5# king and 4# steelhead in the same area!  Got really sporty out there!!!

734B3B1B-C7C7-4A9E-BBC9-AECF3046F1AF.jpeg

Edited by tenatureboy
  • Like 2