Hey Guys

Been lurking and gleaning info off the board for the past few weeks. Have decided to make a trip and get in on the fun.

Will be down Wednesday to Friday of next week and launch out of Mexico Bay, the ramp just east of Hickory Grove.

Is there a launch fee there? Will also need a non-resident license, is there a place to pick one up in that area? Will be

staying in Pulaski, so if there is a place that carries licenses there, it would be great.

I used to fish salmon and trout out of Waukegan IL years ago, and decided to get back into it, since I now have

more time. This is a recon trip for me, just recently retired and will be alone on this trip. If anyone wants to join

me, send a PM. I have an 18 foot Starcraft (nice big water boat) Planning to spend a lot of time down there this

summer.

Thanks

Billy Bones :D

Billy Bones,

As for the Lisc. go to All Seasons in Pulaski. I know they sell them there. I bet Fat Nancy's in Pulaski does as well.

Not sure where you are launching, I would launch from Mexico Point State launch. Great facilities, great ramp, docks, bathroom if you need it. There is a great tackle shop called: Jon's Little Salmon River right on th main road before turning onto the road that has the state launch. Great prices and they can tell you what the hot bites are on. Mikes marina and Salmon Country both have gas and docks for rent if you dont want to trailer your boat. Plus ask the charter captains whats happening out there for them.

This area is right in the middle of some great areas. Head left out of the chute and there are some great creeks that come into the lake, Catfish being one. The high rock area is a good area to fish as well as the bouy line out front of the Nuke plant. STAY ON THE DEEP SIDE OF THE BOUYS for your sake.

Going right out of the chute has some good feeder creeks as well. Grindstone being one. The Salmon river is down that way as well.

Good luck, have fun and be safe. Let us know how you do!

I agree ! The State boat launch is pretty nice ! There may be a fee as I believe they start charging in the begining of May( $6 - $7 ).The good news is that your ticket is good all day and at all state launches such as Fair Haven ect.. Also there is a portion of this web site that is dedicated to sharing trips , click on that part and post as well and you may be able to find some luck with some company. Good luck !