Power Pro Rigger question

Blowback is kicking my butt. Salmon fishing is a small part of my life so I still use hand cranks so I am limiting myself to 12lb wts so I want to go to 150# PP to try and solve this. My question is, can I just tie into my existing cable just in case fleas get nuts and want to revert back to cable for a short time? Also, terminal gear for PP is just a heavy duty swivel, right? Thanks for any insights. 

Before I got my electric riggers, I had manual cannon uni trolls and ran 15-18 pound torpedo weights. I had no problems with those riggers handling those weights, and had way less blowback. I my opinion going with the heavier weight ( if your riggers are rated for it) than switching back and forth from PP to cable will be a simpler solution.  

I used manual riggers for about 30+ yrs. then i was on eBay and had a little money. but 2 sellers of big jon was having a price war and I got 2 of the tournament models with auto stop. but with the 13# weights the auto stops didn't last long. rather than fighting getting then working i just do it by hand for 500.00. then they went back up some. so, I contacted one of them and got 2 more for 525.00. but I sold them and just use 2. i use the 12# pancake weights now. but this last week i used what i think was only 8# fish weights and they didn't blow back much farther than the heavier pancake weights.

after i switched to electric i kicked my behind for not trying them sooner. if you keep your eyes open you can find a pair of good electrics for 500.00 or less.