It has been an offshore bite but in this game you have to consider not only where they are but where they are going. Consistent staging locations will be starting so you should always check the mid-waters

We did well Sunday straight out on a 5* heading. My SOP is to run out to 300’ and drop lines. Then troll north until we get a class of fish we like then turn east or west depending on the wave conditions. Under 2’ and 15mph wind I like to troll into the wind. My boat and autopilot set up just like that scenario. More waves or wind I’ll put it at my stern. Don’t get too caught up with leaving any particular port. On line you are seeing reports from less than 1% of the boats on the water. Sunday there were some very good captains with some very happy clients that fished due north of Olcott out to 500’ish of water that are not posting.  Personally I put location east to west behind depth/north south. And terminal tackle. FF, meat, and spoon color are a close second. Along with temp and speed.  Good luck, tight lines.