My wife’s cousin joined me for a day trip - also his first time fishing out of Pennsylvania. The lake was a little sporty in the morning, so I decided to stop in 120’ and work our way out because I wasn’t sure how much he enjoyed the bumpy ride out.

Put him behind the wheel and after several zig zags while setting the riggers we got the first king in the boat. It was pretty quiet after that. Marked a few fish between 130’-175’, circled them, but no takes for us.

I finally decided to go deeper and found him some willing kings between 220’-235’. Put 5 kings in the box and then headed into 120’ to start trolling shallower and try to finish with a brown for him. Before we could get past the first gps mark he missed one (presumably a king) and another king hit seconds after the Downrigger was set. Day over.

Nothing to write home about. 8/8 and two drive bys. The 6 in the box were mostly 6-12lbs with a high teens topping it off.

Green Jeans Spin Doctor and fly took the two largest and missed another. Dreamweaver standard NBK and Dirty White Boy took the other keepers. Fished several other color patterns and sizes but only caught the two dinks on a Dreamweaver A-Bomb.

Riggers set at 110’. Standard Dipsy was out 250’ and 300’ on a #2 setting.

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3