Any Conesus pike reports?

I was looking for a Nitro. Did u make it to coneseus today? I did with no luck at all.

I did find weed growth although sparatic on the south end. surface temp 57

We threw swim baits, x raps, in 5-15 fow

Drifted jigs tip with Gulp baits for eyes in 15-30 fow.

Not so much as a bite. the guys i talked with were all saying the same thing looks like it was a tough weekend everywhere from what ive heard. How bout u.

Any Luck?

unfortunately I didn't. last minute change of plans. My daughter wanted to go too and her riding lesson got moved up to earlier in the afternoon so she and I just ran over to the bay for a few hours. you know what they say of the best laid plans...

water temps were the same there and also not much action. picked up a nice LM shallow but that's about it. sounds like I didn't miss much though. I suspect that they're still hanging on the deeper breaks until the water bumps up a few more degrees but I had no action in the 20ft drops either.

will be there next weekend almost certainly. you?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Fished the north end yesterday from 6:30 until 10:30 am - generally 8 to 25 feet of water. Temps in the 53 to 54 range. Small amount of weed growth - hardly enough to mention. Lost an 8-pound eye at the boat, landed a 12-pound tiger and a big-ol' bucketmouth. Had several bumps - the bite was very light. Slow retrieve and stops triggeered the hits. Need a few more degrees in the water temps to turn things on a bit.

We tried it Saturday morning. Fished the east side from the public launch to the next two points. I got a 4lb smallmouth off a rocky point and that was it. When the sun got high, we were seeing lots of largemouth in shallow especially off dock, also a few pike hanging in shallow but no luck. Worked the west shoreline back with similar results.

A nice day to be on the water, though. A little warm weather should get it going.

I dont know if I can make it this weekend Nitro. My hours have been cut at work and my trolling motor is on the fritz. Probably stuck in I bay for a while. Good luck and I will post my luck here at I bay.

We did really well on Saturday...Did not get out on Sunday.

Friday Night, I got a 24" eye on a very slow retrieve rapala about 10 yards from shore. Later that night I got a 32" Pike trolling and got him on the rod twitch back.

Saturday they were nailing the shiners on the South end, but about 10-12 houses back from the inlet, NOT in by the inlet where everybody else likes to park on top of one another.

Saturday Night went out and could not hook them, but very similar to the report I read above. They were very light bites when retrieving rapalas very, very slow and on the pause you got the bump, but couldn't hook.

Hope this helps.

thanks guys. I'm locked in for saturday so we'll see what happens. hoping for warmer weather to fire 'em up.

The light bumps are interesting. I don't know that much about the habits of the 'eyes, but if they were pike, I do know that sometimes they will in fact bump or nudge the bait without actually biting it-particularly on a slow retrieve, which may explain a lot; but if these were at night I suspect they may well not have been pike as they aren't known for hitting after dark. :wondering: hmmm

I'll be camping at Conesus from May 12 to the 18th. Looking for the big pike action. Is there any particular areas that are better this time of year? I normally fish the north end near the weeds but I've only fished it in the summer and and early to mid fall.

I'll be in a 17 foot bluefin with a 70 horse evinrude on the back, give me a shout if any of you are out there. Any new reports would be much appreciated, good luck everyone and I hope to see some of you out there.

Waylander

saturday was a no-go due to the winds but went out last night for a few hours. 1 bass but no pike in the north end 15 FOW. temp about 59 there. went south and trolled east side 50 FOW through schools of bait 1/2 way down. had something nice sized on at dusk, but lost it before we could get a look at it. south end was a few degrees cooler than north. talked to some folks coming in as we went out who picked up 4 pike.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I was at Conesus all last week, weather was really bad for fishing, I got out in between it all a few times. Caught 2 small tigers in 12 fow up in the north end and one pike in the south end in 10-12 fow. Had one big one on on the south east end of the lake but lost him. I'm thinking this week will be better and the water should really warm up too. Anyway good luck everyone, I should be out this weekend either saturday or sunday.

Waylander

• 2 weeks later...