Any Luck?

Blanksville here. Friday night I went from midnight to 3:30AM before I threw in the towel. One very large silver perch and a couple hits but they didn't feel like eye hits. Tried tonight from 6:00 to 10:00 and did even worse. I few short hits on the worm harnesses, panfish I presume, but nothing in the boat. Worked hard but couldn't even really get a good looking screen. Looks like Oneida is the place to be spending the time. No surprise there but I'm going to stay close to home, keep putting my time in, and learn the spring patterns for my home water.

Yeah it was me Nitro. I think I trolled past you guys by the cattails.

I was in search of walleye most of the day. Paddled all over the bay but no bites. I switched to bass and pike with only a small Laregmouth to show for it.

Just before callin it a day I hook up somethin big. It ended up being a trout. I am super lucky to get him in as he broke my net and straightened my hook. When I got him onboard he was slimy and jumpin all over my kayak. I did not have a club to smack him with so I put him under my legs.

100_2200.jpg

He was squimin like crazy under me for a long time. I thought about givin him the knife but due to the proximity of the fish and my balls, I opted against it. I just kept him there the whole paddle back to my car. He finally quit movin and I gave him the clip.

100_2201.jpg

100_2202.jpg

He ended up being 19'' and 3lbs 2 oz.

Not the kind I was lookin for, but I'll take it!

Next time give me a shout,

Phil

should've pulled him behind on a stringer!? What a beauty bow. Congrats and thanks for sharing! He had to take you for a ride!

I gave Braddocks the 1 to 7pm slot on Sunday and only got a crappie to show for it. There was a bass pro at the launch who said he caught a bunch of 3-4lb. smallies bouncin jigs in 10-15' water off of the rocks.

Before I pulled out for the day I took a ride out to the lake. Markers are in and only 2.5' clearance at the last marker. Don't stray niether... while in nuetral to put a pole down to confirm and to put a waypoint into my GPS, I noticed about 6 posts just west by a few feet outside of the marker. I figure we'll have a land bridge by August. Sad isn't it?