First light solo 

Started in 70 ft and headed north 

Lots of bait and fish mixed in . Not a lot of big hooks . 

Made a commitment to run flashers only the last few times out . Green dot glo was best . 75 down , 220 dipsey . 

Wound up going 4 for six . All salmon 

2 we're about 12 #s or so . 

Had a  double ,lost the one on the rigger then dipsey fires . Good fish taking line and I lose it . 

I come back with just the ring of the swivel on the end of my flasher . 

• Like 4

If I'm solo I don't take pics unless the fish won't make it or I want it .  . I try to get them back in the water Asap . At least one I took  my net and let the bag get caught on the hooks and rip the hooks out . I don't want to take them out of the water  if I don't have to , to increase survival . 

Besides , they weren't that big . 

Edited by HB2

Also fished Sandy at first light. While setting up my dispy rod salmon hit and took a lot of line out. On its second run hook came out, which didn't surprise me as he hit while the drag was loose to let line out so I could get my other rods in the water. Thought is was going to be a good day but could only manage one other small salmon. Very frustrating day. Fished from 120 to 300. Don't know if I should have stayed shallow or gone off shore.

47 minutes ago, Ric66 said:

Also fished Sandy at first light. While setting up my dispy rod salmon hit and took a lot of line out. On its second run hook came out, which didn't surprise me as he hit while the drag was loose to let line out so I could get my other rods in the water. Thought is was going to be a good day but could only manage one other small salmon. Very frustrating day. Fished from 120 to 300. Don't know if I should have stayed shallow or gone off shore.

Ric66 you basically recapped my trip from 8/6 out of Sandy. Some days I wonder if I should have zigged when I zagged!  You are not alone!  

We also struggled inside on Saturday. One mature and a couple shakers. It seems like the pods of fish are few and far between, and when you find them you need to stay tight to them.

I think the best bite would be offshore. 

There are almost always at least some kings in close . But I think the majority , at least this year and probably last year are 200 ft plus . 

This is typical this time of year anyway.  Kings are getting ready to stage and are roaming and looking to school up and migrate .