Any report out of Braddocks for 8/9?

I haven’t been ou since Thursday but inside was fine and overlooked then. 
I’ll be out tomorrow morning around 7 looking for Browns, you’re welcome to shoot me a text. 

• Like 1

Just now, whaler1 said:

I haven’t been ou since Thursday but inside was fine and overlooked then. 
I’ll be out tomorrow morning around 7 looking for Browns, you’re welcome to shoot me a text. 

Yea, gonna start inside (looking for kings) 

Getting to be that time of year when Kings start paying less attention to temp.  I’m curious to see what things look like in the morning. Have caught some of my biggest kings in August fishing for Browns. 

Slow day. Picked up three browns in 90 this morning and dropped a screamer on a dipsy out 250. Had lines in at 730 and pulled at 10 to drop my wife off for an appointment. Went back out at 11 and fished solo till 130. Picked up a mid teens King and a mid teens laker. 
90 to 110 held fish and bait but I peaked out to 200 with a completely blank screen. 

696BBBF4-24C4-4923-9A47-F4D0F9147EDF.jpeg

• Like 5

I wanted to go farther offshore, we stopped at 430 or so and I tried to set the riggers but my son couldn't handle the boat going into the North chop - we started doing circles :( - so just trolled in from 430 fow to 100. One bite. All day.

Hopefully things settle and set up a little.  I had a good screen in 110 ish. 

Surprised I couldn’t get more fish to hit. 
I kept crossing marks, looking at the right rod to fire…….

Hoping to go in the morning 

2 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Hopefully things settle and set up a little.  I had a good screen in 110 ish. 

Surprised I couldn’t get more fish to hit. 
I kept crossing marks, looking at the right rod to fire…….

Hoping to go in the morning 

Watching Double D's reports, he did real good out in 550 fow.

Fished off Braddock from about 730-1130.  Similar to Whaler1's comments I had a very good screen with lots of marks close to the bottom in the 90-110 ft depth range but I could not get a single hookup. Had 3 releases but nothing home.  With the number of fish that I marked on the screen it was very disappointing not to lane something.  I went out to 140 depth but screen much better looking in that 100 ft depth.  

• Like 1

Went out of Sandy this afternoon. Fished 350-470. Blank screen. Picked up and headed into 150. Fished 150-90. Marked some bait and fish in 120-90. Only 1 skippy king. Had high hopes going offshore but maybe I didn’t go far enough. 

Rick

Hey Whaler1 - just wondered what kind of lures and what colors you caught those browns on on 8/10.  And I assume they were all off of your downriggers. I was running a lot of big/magnum spoons and maybe I should have been running something smaller.  Just wondered. - Mr Kato

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 2:13 PM, whaler1 said:

Slow day. Picked up three browns in 90 this morning and dropped a screamer on a dipsy out 250. Had lines in at 730 and pulled at 10 to drop my wife off for an appointment. Went back out at 11 and fished solo till 130. Picked up a mid teens King and a mid teens laker. 
90 to 110 held fish and bait but I peaked out to 200 with a completely blank screen. 

696BBBF4-24C4-4923-9A47-F4D0F9147EDF.jpeg

wondering if u target kings and pick up the browns along the way or do you run a brown specific set up? if the latter i would appreciate hearing what tweaks you make. thanks and nice fish!!

1 minute ago, invasahata said:

wondering if u target kings and pick up the browns along the way or do you run a brown specific set up? if the latter i would appreciate hearing what tweaks you make. thanks and nice fish!!

caught your response in a later post. thanks. 

That morning I was targeting browns in the morning. All spoons. Bottom rigger mid 50’s temp, high rigger low 60’s. 
Divers running similarly. Frequently kings are mixed in and caught in the same water. 
Junior had a slow morning with just one skip. I’ll probably go out from noon till about 4. 

Lines in at 1130 and out at 230. Fished 80 to 100 running two DW spoons and two Spin Dr’s. Temps were all all over the place but most of the time riggers were at 65 and 75. Divers never got touched, four fish on the riggers. Ship and a teenage King on spoons. Laker and Brown on Spin Drs. Still scratching my head about the Brown on the Spin Dr. 

F4DC00A8-FD78-4D45-8B66-FA63DD893909.jpeg

6E31702A-B5E3-46AE-9609-0C95BAF53693.jpeg

6FE1787D-8F20-4481-8CB5-83EA48F1A3FF.jpeg

CBBCEF9A-CCEB-4C8C-A9C9-A40A1F11FA88.jpeg

• Like 2