Looking for hunting partner

chowder

Former dairy farmer (used to a 1000 acres at his disposal but not no more) relocated in Lockport/Olcott seeks mature, experienced hunting partner with some familiarity with either or Tonawanda/Hartland WMA or someone who has access to private property.I'm also a part time Charter captain on Ontario/Erie so I probably have some insights/opportunities to offer in that dept.

Edited by chowder

• 2 weeks later...

I live about 1.5 miles from the hartland state land.. i personally dont hunt it.. its usually pretty calm down there during the bow season.. weekends a slight uptick in cars parked down there.. weekends during the gun season are usually the busiest but not terrible.. im sure if your not scared to do some walking you could get away from most of the people... the south side ag fields (on Ditch Road) are planted corn this year

• Like 1

Yes, I drive by frequently on my way from work to the camp where I keep my boats in Olcott. I usually go in quite a ways. On successful hunts in remote public areas I quarter the deer and pack out on my frame pack in plastic bags. I typically walk in with most of my clothing in scent lock bags on same pack. 

• 2 weeks later...