Spoons with dipsy

as said by the others after thinking about snubbers for kings a guess with the much bigger hooks and their mouth being so much tougher than walleye there would be no need for snubbers. but i would still use a leader that wasn't as strong as the main line but i think their is just no reason to drop all the way to 20#. the seaguar premier fluro is much smaller than most if not all; other flouro leaders. i use 20# and the diameter is the same as 15#. so you can use 30# and probably be close to 20# diameter line. and with this new formula of fluro has the best knot strength on the market.

Just now, sherman brown said:

as said by the others after thinking about snubbers for kings a guess with the much bigger hooks and their mouth being so much tougher than walleye there would be no need for snubbers. but i would still use a leader that wasn't any stronger than the main line but i think there is just no reason to drop all the way to 20#. the seaguar premier Fluro is much smaller than most if not all; other Fluro leaders. i use 20# and the diameter is the same as 15#. so, you can use 30# and probably be close to 20# diameter line. and with this new formula of Fluro has the best knot strength on the market.

5 hours ago, fisherman21 said:

No snubber. 25lb trilene 100% flouro 

Same Here….I have used the Trilene 100% fluorocarbon for many years with no complaints. Actually, the only fluorocarbon I really couldn’t get along with is Vanish. It made a lot of lures and fish “Vanish” the couple times I tried it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bronzeback2018 said:

Same Here….I have used the Trilene 100% fluorocarbon for many years with no complaints. Actually, the only fluorocarbon I really couldn’t get along with is Vanish. It made a lot of lures and fish “Vanish” the couple times I tried it. 

yeah, i tried 15# test on Erie's central basin a few yrs ago when large fish was the norm. the 1st day out we had 3 break offs. when we went in i went to Karren's shop in Geneva Ohio and bought seaguar premier leader in 20# just to be safe. and the breaks stopped and after yrs. of using it I haven't lost a fish because the leader broke. i have even had hooks (bad batch of hooks) on harnesses break and have the line on harnesses break after long use of them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 4:02 AM, GAMBLER said:

No snubber and I run 30lb Seaguar floro as my leader.  Quality swivels also make a huge difference.  

Suggestion for a couple options for ‘quality swivels’? Seems to be a lot of junk on the shelves around here lately…

9 hours ago, The force said:

Suggestion for a couple options for ‘quality swivels’? Seems to be a lot of junk on the shelves around here lately…

Spro Power Swivels #8's are a nice size and rated for 50lbs