just got back home monday from 2 week fishing out of olcott  big kings far and few between bite was off shore spoons did the best fish were high 50 ft and up  it was like 41 deg 55 down almost evey were got limit most days  if it wasnt for the steelhead would have been tuff got a 17 lb one other pic was my best day size wise

ny1.jpg

ny3.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking the same thing as far as reports…why there haven’t been any I really don’t know. But, the above comment is exactly what I’ve been experiencing the last month. About a month ago there were tons of shaker kings. They seem to have thinned out. Out in 400-500fow the steelhead and coho bite has been quite good for us. Mostly spoons all in top 60ft. we also have noticed our fish hawk showing 41-43 degree water only 50-55ft down. Have only boated one mature king in last 4 weekends and was only a high teen. There’s been a couple in the 6-10lb range also. But yes, need to get the reports for Wilson and Olcott going regularly again!!

Was out this morning. No kings but got cohos n some decent steelhead, temps were 50 degrees 55' down- 2 shaker chinooks. Talking with others it's been rough for big kings, know there's been some caught outta Wilson and Oak. 

Free bird 18, I can tell you why. There’s almost no one fishing at olocott! Of course some charters, but there not going to post. We were there yesterday and today. The place is a ghost town.! I think when when the couple that do fish report it’s slow, people just don’t fish. You no longer have the number of boats like years ago to find them. No matter what report we used to get.. We went and eventually made it happen. As far as our 2 days, we chartered this time on Thrillseeker. 1st day limited on mostly Steel as I thought would happen with spread out Kings. Second day did better on Kings, did not limit  but got some decent Kings. One about 20#.

Slashbait, appreciate the info. I know it's been a disappointment to see Olcott   fade from seen. Have found memories seeing boats lined up on the bridge to get in line to launch. Things certainly have changed. Hope the Fall run gets thing rolling. Heading up next week. If my past diary notes are accurate, they will be their on the bottom and inside 155 FOW. Never failed in 18 years mow and counting. Best to all those fishing  in the Derby. Wish you all Tight Lines and Reels Screaming. 

Free bird, it was a real bummer to see so few fishing. Like you said I have memories of being in that line past the bridge! What’s really amazing is how they renovated places to stay there. Years ago we had to stay up by 90 to spend the night. I heard rumors why we were there that a 3 story lodgeing was going to be built on east side of river. I wish them luck with the current lack of trollers