Safe winterisation

I know it's a bit early but with the problem getting some things, I found out today that that all pink products are not the same; most of them contain alcool and alcool is a nono in your motor so be sure to get the one w/o the alcool a bit more costly but worthy. Repairs are also very expensive.

Read on the link:

http://www.starbrite.com/item/50-non-toxic-premium-anti-freeze-pg#:~:text=It contains no alcohols.,to -9°C).

Air doesn't freeze. Best to drain correctly and if compressed air is available blow it out . Pink stuff is good for fresh water system. If you use the pink crap for whatever reason in engine block , I wouldn't count on it not freezing under extreme cold . Have seen it expand  when put in freezer.

Edited by Bozeman Bob

Air doesn't freeze. Best to drain correctly and if compressed air is available blow it out . Pink stuff is good for fresh water system. If you use the pink crap for whatever reason in engine block , I wouldn't count on it not freezing under extreme cold . Have seen it expand  when put in freezer.
It does at -360.9

I made this post for they guys that are using the pink stuff and to make them aware of the one w/o alcool, most of them contain alcool and alcool is very bad to all the rubber related to your water ciculation part. 
Regarding going to a a mechanic most of them don't even know about the difference between the 2 and good luck going back to them to fix your water pump that got screw with the pink stuff with alcool. And by the way most of them use the cheapest possible and the cheapest is the one with alcool.

I had Hank replace my sea water pump this spring and said that I must be using the cheap stuff to winterise because my impeller was soft and swollen.

I never knew that there was a difference and just got what was easy to find.  Learned something new.

Thanks for the reminder 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mudflat said:

I had Hank replace my sea water pump this spring and said that I must be using the cheap stuff to winterise because my impeller was soft and swollen.

I never knew that there was a difference and just got what was easy to find.  Learned something new.

Thanks for the reminder 

BAB197FF-5C17-4AC0-B02A-39E04A8E9283.jpeg

• Like 1