Cayuga What’s happening to people

A couple weeks ago we were camping on the St Lawrence. Wow just wow is all I can say.

I hold my masters credentials. I can assure you none of what I saw would fall under the rules of the road exam. Amazing that not more people get killed up there.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, cinnamon fish said:

I had a guy speed troll right behind me while I was at 2 mph, and I mean exactly behind me, not off even a tiny bit to either side of me, closer and closer to the point that he was literally 20 ft behind my boat and then of course he snagged most of my lines and I lost my rigs.  Couldn't believe another troller would do that.  Entire lake, and he's up inside my ass.  I pulled up to him after he finally passed me after he cut all my lines off, and tried to ask him what he was doing and let him know what he just did, and he just grumbled and went on his way.

that is what an air horn is for

• Like 1

Mexico Launch this morning a pair of morons bump away from the floating docks into the channel and float there engine running not in gear while they pull out rods.  Those of us coming from up river had to go around which was increasingly sketchy as it was right at the inlet with the rocks on both sides. There was sort of room but I had to skirt really close to them dang WTF.    I hate to say it but the boat was a POS and the guys in the boat matched up well to the boat.     Scary thing is that it wasn't super early and the docks weren't that busy.  Stay at the dock in that case or go just out side the inlet and do that crap.  

Edited by Fat Trout

On 8/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, cinnamon fish said:

I had a guy speed troll right behind me while I was at 2 mph, and I mean exactly behind me, not off even a tiny bit to either side of me, closer and closer to the point that he was literally 20 ft behind my boat and then of course he snagged most of my lines and I lost my rigs.  Couldn't believe another troller would do that.  Entire lake, and he's up inside my ass.  I pulled up to him after he finally passed me after he cut all my lines off, and tried to ask him what he was doing and let him know what he just did, and he just grumbled and went on his way.

Unbelievable !!

We had a 20+ foot center console pull up to us this weekend with four lines in the water (on their boat) while we were on spot lock, and ask us if we were jigging. I didn't know what to say, I thought it was pretty obvious what we were doing. Then they realized how close their lines were getting to us and did an almost 90 degree turn away from us. Definently some people out there with more money than common sense. All I could do was laugh. 

Edited by MXFisher

Just now, Gill-T said:

And now he has your gps coordinates lol. 

If he is chasing me and my coordinates he is in for a suprise LOL. I'm just learning that lake, and honestly if he can't tell I'm jigging or use his electonics to get my coordinates with out getting close to me I got nothing to worry about.

While making our way back to the Sandy creek launch - still about 100' from the small rock jetty on the west side and we had a fishing boat scream in at what had to be full throttle and only cut back when they got into the channel.  They were going so fast that they had kicked up a very noticeable and long mud line in their wake directly into the inlet.  WTF?  I thought maybe that there was an emergency - why else would someone scream into the small channel lined with massive rocks and concrete pads at such a high speed.  Nope, no emergency, not even in a hurry - we were out of the water and on our way before they were.

If nothing else, It was a good opportunity to teach the kids that no matter what the rules are, there are always numskulls that do whatever they want and that they always have to watch out for that.

One more and I’ll quit ****ing! While camping at a local campsite with my wife we were lucky enough to get the campsite right directly across the boat launch. Some of the things you see these people do it was totally amazing  And frightening. Also where we were was right at the 5 mile an hour speed limit and no wake zone bouy. We watched people coming in from the lake , out of seven days at the campsite I saw three people that actually obeyed the bouy out of probably 50 or 60  boats One guy actually came in with a tri-Toon pulling a kid on a tube at planning speed right past the  5 mile an hour speed limit. Like my son says you can’t fix stupid.

On 8/27/2022 at 8:20 AM, rolmops said:

Another fact is that the enemies of Qumerica have secretly moved the pedophile vaccine to Niagara Falls and now all the fish in the lake are carrying the pedestrian pedophile germs. And according to my personal pederast pedometer all fish in the lake from the tiniest stickleback to the biggest salmon now carries the perfect personal pedestrian pedipalp pedal peripheral pedophile virus and eating fish from the lake will probably expose you to this virus 

ROLMOPS  obviously had to many clot shots, he is surely part of the problem with his a-hole attitude!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So a fella comes ripping into the launch with an enormous speed boat on the trailer. Lifted truck, loud exhaust, dust flying, music blasting.

Cuts in front of several people including myself. Anyhow Captain Spray tan and his trophy lady emerge from the truck. Proceed to get ready in the ramp.
He hands her two short line’s maybe 15’ on a 30 plus foot boat. In the truck he goes engine reving backs it in. Performs the I’m awesome brake stab. Apparently not looking back at all. Slams it in drive and guns up the ramp. Surprise surprise the boat only half cleared the bunks!! Miss Marlboro 1990 she strained trying to hold the two short lines. Yelling as he ripped her from the dock (Unharmed) into the drink.

Of course he can’t hear over his screaming music and loud pipes. Those twin high dollar drives dragging up the concrete ramp along with the hull from mid ships back.

Tough pulling the Miss out of the water while keeping a straight face.

Love a good trip to the launch!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 8:29 PM, Kaz said:

Happen to me sail boat hit my boat when I was trolling with my daughter. She's taking sailing classes at yacht club and she was  Yelling drop the sail drop the sail and the guy totally ignore so there is no any kind of pill for 

A lot of funny stories on this thread lol. I got a million more. Ive had kids in sailboats who werent even near my boat fly in and get stuck in my lines because they couldnt control their boats. Jet skis run over my lines and wave bunches of times. But my favorite is playing slow speed chicken with the womens crew team in the spring south end of cayuga. I always end up giving them the right of way... but def like getting close enough to check them out. I blast billy squires on the radio. Its great times. Lol. 

Not that it's funny, but it's at least strange ... we have this enormous lake (Lake O), and people feel the need to come within 100 ft of another boat ... like WHY??

If you want traffic, get in your friggin car and join the rest of Ontario on the QEW.  It's just plain stupidity ... so much water, and they got to get on your butt. Makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TyeeTanic said:

Not that it's funny, but it's at least strange ... we have this enormous lake (Lake O), and people feel the need to come within 100 ft of another boat ... like WHY??

If you want traffic, get in your friggin car and join the rest of Ontario on the QEW.  It's just plain stupidity ... so much water, and they got to get on your butt. Makes no sense at all.

Its like driving on open highway and someone feels the need to hang out in your blind spot.  Speed up  / slow down and they do the same.  On the lake, too few people practice avoidance still others play chicken.  

Last week I had a full spread out and had a guy on plane drop down  sort of along side and on my back corner perhaps 150 yards away no big deal.  Bad move by him IMO because it limits where he can go once he sets up.  It wasn't crowded no problem.  The problem was when he started heading slowly toward me.  I'm dealing with wind and some choppy conditions and keeping my heading as I was fishing a given depth and wind had me crabbing out and didn't want to turn out and spin back (yet).   He was just setting lines and got to within 25 feet of me when I yelled over "Hey, any chance you can get off my ass".    It took a good minute or two and he finally angled away.  There were 2 guys setting lines and one on the wheel.    I also didn't want to spin a loop behind him (which I often do in scenarios like that) because he was just setting up and dammit I was there first.   I did angle out twice but he used that and kept pushing to me.   Just unnecessary.    I always try to avoid and I'm the first one to pick up a long line if It looks sketchy but some folks just want to turn it into a game of chicken.

On 8/27/2022 at 8:20 AM, rolmops said:

Another fact is that the enemies of Qumerica have secretly moved the pedophile vaccine to Niagara Falls and now all the fish in the lake are carrying the pedestrian pedophile germs. And according to my personal pederast pedometer all fish in the lake from the tiniest stickleback to the biggest salmon now carries the perfect personal pedestrian pedipalp pedal peripheral pedophile virus and eating fish from the lake will probably expose you to this virus 

LOL - We're not paranoid - everyone IS out to get us!!

On 8/29/2022 at 7:24 PM, Camo Joe said:

So a fella comes ripping into the launch with an enormous speed boat on the trailer. Lifted truck, loud exhaust, dust flying, music blasting.

Cuts in front of several people including myself. Anyhow Captain Spray tan and his trophy lady emerge from the truck. Proceed to get ready in the ramp.
He hands her two short line’s maybe 15’ on a 30 plus foot boat. In the truck he goes engine reving backs it in. Performs the I’m awesome brake stab. Apparently not looking back at all. Slams it in drive and guns up the ramp. Surprise surprise the boat only half cleared the bunks!! Miss Marlboro 1990 she strained trying to hold the two short lines. Yelling as he ripped her from the dock (Unharmed) into the drink.

Of course he can’t hear over his screaming music and loud pipes. Those twin high dollar drives dragging up the concrete ramp along with the hull from mid ships back.

Tough pulling the Miss out of the water while keeping a straight face.

Love a good trip to the launch!!

Now that's a great funny story, can't make that stuff up :lol: