Seneca Laker

Nice fish, we got the whole lake to ourselves! we caught and realeased one shy of a 33 1/2 inches 14.35 with those fish grips on the scale,Wished I got a better picture but just in a rush to get him back in the water. White gambler rig 

E38F1C91-DE2B-417F-8CD7-68E3B631743F.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/27/2022 at 7:17 AM, Fishstix said:

Some real nice fish showing up. Not that I want to get older faster but looking forward to next years derby.Even if you think they wont make it they stand a better chance in the lake than in the cooler.;)

I decompress some fish using a downrigger yo get the fish deep again 

Sseems to work

I spend 4 months a year on Seneca.

There are some fish this year and the lake is improving, it showed improvement last year too. I’m not fishing the lake at all simply to leave the fish alone and I think lots of the other guys around there are doing the same thing. I do boat ride around, tons of bait and a few fish, it’s improving. Maybe in a year or two it will be even better!

I think the guys on here that read the negative stuff on here understand it was wrong and way off base.

Go Seneca!

”Make Seneca Great Again”

• Like 1

I remember bringing up the downrigger ball on Cayuga years ago and having lampreys on it. They would let go when the ball cleared the water and stick to the side of the boat... very poor fishing...  Last few times going to Cayuga this year the bite is not as good as it has been. Its probably me but I think the waters a different color somethings going on. There has not been many Cayuga reports lately, If folks are not catching they generally have nothing to report.   Been skipping the fingerlakes alot this summer.Going up chasing salmon on Ontario. I think Pappy above has the right Idea. MSGA.

I have a late lake ontario report from Saturday.

IMG_20220903_115920699_MP.jpg

• Like 1

Mother Nature seems to have a marvelous way of adapting and cycling through problems so I think we can be hopeful. Each of the lakes are facing problems, but with time things should turn around and "recycle". In the meantime, we need to do our part to try to keep them from getting more messed up wherever we can. We are very fortunate to have these beautiful resources nearby and have to never lose sight of their importance to our future and happiness.

• Like 1

Fishstix, not sure if it’s tied but there has been some form of weed preventative that was dumped in the lake to control weed growth. Absolutely devastated the bass fishing on the north end. All the buzz lately on The Who what etc. interested in hearing more if someone knows more of the detail. 

I could never understand the chemical control of weeds. I don’t get it. If your dock is a little weeded in then get your swim trunks on and grab your dirt rake!  If anything there should be banning of using fertilizer on any lawn on the water’s edge. The lake is plenty fertile from the farm runoff and the sewage treatment water storm water discharges. 

I thought Frogger’s info was very interesting. Under normal lake level s it’s about 12’ off the end of my dock. For years we cut seaweed even in that deep water for swimming and boating. About 2 or 3 years ago the seaweed just disappeared completely and in our area it’s even gone from the shallow water. I saw nothing about any treatments or anything like that, just disappeared. Now for the last two years we get this nasty green slimey moss. Something changed for sure.

it would be nice to know what is being done!