180 Angler advice

Low Baller

15 hours ago, Low Baller said:

Second sea trials. She's good to go. Few electrical tweaks, deck lighting, downriggers. Wife's happy, made my day.

Idle speed on relatively flat water is 3.2 to 3.5. Will a bag get me down to 2.5? She's perfect for trolling striper and blues. Appreciate the imput.

IMG_3087.jpg

VideoCapture_20220926-193905.jpg

Awesome, well done and glad to see your license is prominently displayed unlike myself who always seems to leave it in another tackle box wherever I am not.  A trolling bag will get your speed down. I mount one 30” bag on each side up towards the bow to keep me straight on track and keeps them away from the lines.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Final update on the overhaul in case anyone is interested. Went for striper out of Raritan bay yesterday. Boat ran great, everything worked, and the bay was full of bunker and keeper fish. Boxed our 3, released 8. Never fished a blitz before, absolutely crazy. Mojos, umbrella rigs, plugs, and Poppers. Killed it. 

A few tweaks and I'll see you all for browns. Thanks for all the advice!

Clark 

Resized_20221022_142157_1203504176549758.jpeg

Resized_20221022_133526.jpeg

IMG_6213(1).jpg

Resized_20221022_103222(0).jpeg

IMG_6221.jpg

Resized_20221022_103303.jpeg

IMG_6216.jpg

• Like 2

Usually it happens while I’m fishing the beach but this year it happened while I was out in my kayak.  The bunker were slamming the bottom of the yak while the water was boiling all around me.  A little nerve racking but awesome at the same time.  

41 minutes ago, greenhornet73 said:

Usually it happens while I’m fishing the beach but this year it happened while I was out in my kayak.  The bunker were slamming the bottom of the yak while the water was boiling all around me.  A little nerve racking but awesome at the same time.  

They're were 3 yakers and dudes on jet skis chucking poppers. It was nuts man.

Nice! Only sketch part about where I was is that there were whales breaching in the same bait schools so you didn’t know if a 7 ton whale was going to blow up in the center of the blitz or a school of stripers.  A whale landed on top of a boat right in front of our beach house a couple of days before we got there.

C58D2630-E0F7-4ED1-B67E-D8E56D716B7F.pngI took this from the back deck while drinking my coffee before heading out.  I waited it out a while instead 😬

Edited by greenhornet73
Add text

1 hour ago, greenhornet73 said:

Nice! Only sketch part about where I was is that there were whales breaching in the same bait schools so you didn’t know if a 7 ton whale was going to blow up in the center of the blitz or a school of stripers.  A whale landed on top of a boat right in front of our beach house a couple of days before we got there.

C58D2630-E0F7-4ED1-B67E-D8E56D716B7F.pngI took this from the back deck while drinking my coffee before heading out.  I waited it out a while instead 😬

That's insane. So cool!!!

Hey Clark, what is the distance from the water level to the bottom of your transom cut out?  Looks like it could handle some waves. My bay boat is probably only 12” so I have to be very aware of wind direction and boat position or I my bilge gets busy