Hadn’t been out in a few weeks and zero recent reports made me try the closest port!  After sand blasting my prop to get out of the channel into the NE rollers we  figured out why all the family boats were on the inside of the bay!  We pounded out  to our planned starting point of 100fow where 2 other larger boats were spread out.  

The 3’ waves and relentless NE wind made it a little more fun than planned as we could only trolled west but the first screamer while releasing a skipper made the night interesting. Unfortunately it came unbuttoned!  So we pounded back east to set up for a west troll again.  Got past our mark and a bit further west when the 2nd screamer ripped! 25 minutes later my daughter had her personal best 25.2 lb king in the boat!

all in 95-105 fow… 

skipper 90 over 105 green spin dr with meat 

screamer lost 80 over 105 white green spin dr with crazy **** fly

25 lb king 65 over 95 on green glow DW spoon

Hope this info gives someone a starting point!

7A38AA14-3838-49FF-BAB9-9D8DCFEBE4C7.thumb.jpeg.b14fce96a928b94ede2166f1e4c05ad1.jpeg

Edited by tenatureboy
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, whaler1 said:

That’s awesome!

Whaler

i used your info from the other week about the kings out of temp!  I didn’t want to try to get out any deeper with the waves so 100 fow it was. It worked out!

2 screamers in 2+ hrs makes a fun night!

what is the trick with the Braddocks channel?  Trim up the lower unit and pray?

Edited by tenatureboy

16 minutes ago, tenatureboy said:

Whaler

i used your info from the other week about the kings out of temp!  I didn’t want to try to get out any deeper with the waves so 100 fow it was. It worked out!

Way to go on the big fish! We bottomed out in the channel to a few times. Had other guys sit on front of boat on way in, that seemed to help.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tenatureboy said:

Whaler

Less than 2 feet just south of the northernmost white channel markers. 
worse than that is guys are hitting something solid on the run from both Westpoint Marina and Gibbs on the west side of the bay including myself. I don’t go above 5 mph until I’m outside the mouth and before I go on plane I hit reverse and give it a shot to get rid of all the weeds. 
Bay is a minefield right now but based on water level it’s to be expected. 
Really cool you guys got that fish, big guys have been few and far between. 
Skippers however are way too plentiful lol. 
That east wind yesterday afternoon coupled with the heavy south wind this morning kind of blew the warm water out. 56 degrees down 42 over 60 early this afternoon. Hoping the morning is fishable before Wednesday’s blow. IMO it makes the inside even more appealing. 
Again, congratulations on a great fish. 

Edited by whaler1
  • Like 1