Started around daybreak and fished till 10 or so.  Started around 90ft and headed North West to start.  Brand new fish finder and the transducer has --.- reading for depth - great.  No Fishhawk and no finder again - back to basics like last trip.  

First fish was a decent Brown on a green Chinook diver 195 out over 130' with a Mixed veggie spoon.  Pulled in 2 skips, one on a rigger at 100' with a carbon 14 and one on a 325 copper with a gramma warrior mag spoon.  The smallest fish we brought in hit the largest spoon (14" king)!  Had the same Chinook setup hit again in 165' around 9AM and just screamed.  My son fought his first big diver shot salmon that made 3 big 100'+ runs, jumped and rolled on the surface at least 5 different times and nearly swam directly into the prop on its last burst of energy as it approached the boat.  He was rewarded with a nice 25 pounder - his biggest yet and our "new to us" boats biggest as well.  To say the least he was exhausted from the fight and adrenalin rush - I'm not sure who was more happy he landed it, me or him!

Lots of boats out and everyone seemed to be hunting in all different depts.  Saw no one else fighting anything all morning and when we took out, we talked to several other boats that ended up getting skunked so I guess we were the lucky ones that day. 

Oh and the Fleas were horrendous.  

20220828_084546[1].jpg

• Like 9

On 8/29/2022 at 2:11 PM, Tip-sea-tuna said:

Started around daybreak and fished till 10 or so.  Started around 90ft and headed North West to start.  Brand new fish finder and the transducer has --.- reading for depth - great.  No Fishhawk and no finder again - back to basics like last trip.  

First fish was a decent Brown on a green Chinook diver 195 out over 130' with a Mixed veggie spoon.  Pulled in 2 skips, one on a rigger at 100' with a carbon 14 and one on a 325 copper with a gramma warrior mag spoon.  The smallest fish we brought in hit the largest spoon (14" king)!  Had the same Chinook setup hit again in 165' around 9AM and just screamed.  My son fought his first big diver shot salmon that made 3 big 100'+ runs, jumped and rolled on the surface at least 5 different times and nearly swam directly into the prop on its last burst of energy as it approached the boat.  He was rewarded with a nice 25 pounder - his biggest yet and our "new to us" boats biggest as well.  To say the least he was exhausted from the fight and adrenalin rush - I'm not sure who was more happy he landed it, me or him!

Lots of boats out and everyone seemed to be hunting in all different depts.  Saw no one else fighting anything all morning and when we took out, we talked to several other boats that ended up getting skunked so I guess we were the lucky ones that day. 

Oh and the Fleas were horrendous.  

20220828_084546[1].jpg

Great picture. I also got my boy his first salmon Tuesday. Making memories. 

20220830_171309.jpg