110v outlet on boat

salmonite

Bought a 2015 Lund over the weekend. I am third owner and during inspection I found two after market 110v outlets added. The owner I purchased from said he didn’t put them there and the marina had no clue what the original owner was using them for. 
Original owner was a troller on canandaigua… any clue what these would be used for? I know some older riggers ran on 110 but never thought they would be added on a newer boat???
pic for reference to the outlet 

BA022B9B-2345-44BC-A225-369810223453.png

My quess is input for shore power.

Why 2 ? How many batteries, mabe had 2 seperate chargers.  

Where are they located ?

Can you trace wiring they are connected to ? That will tell alot.

All questions I asked myself too guys!  I stuck my head back there and it looks like they are not connected to anything!  what's more odd is I found some faint writing and it said "Hummin" and "pro" on the other...  I do have hummingbird fishfinger but why the 110 volt? 

I also see two battery trays in the back so I do think they original guy had two onboard chargers and that is exactly what it was used for even though the weird labeling 

I will use them as Frogger said and just make charging my batteries that much easier. My charger is under my rod storage and probably a PIA to charge through that storage. Once I add another charger in the back I will route the second one as well. 

Frequently, 110 outlets are used for downrigger power.  They are cheap, easily installed and replaced, as well as the plug ends too.  My guess, two being present, would be downrigger power.  Chances are, they were poorly installed and directly to a battery/batteries and then the wiring was removed hastily at one time.  

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 2:03 PM, salmonite said:

Bought a 2015 Lund over the weekend. I am third owner and during inspection I found two after market 110v outlets added. The owner I purchased from said he didn’t put them there and the marina had no clue what the original owner was using them for. 
Original owner was a troller on canandaigua… any clue what these would be used for? I know some older riggers ran on 110 but never thought they would be added on a newer boat???
pic for reference to the outlet 

BA022B9B-2345-44BC-A225-369810223453.png

Were they possibly for on board chargers .I have one for each of mine.

Salmonite, the pug you have pictured in your original post would typically be used as a battery charger plug so you could easily access it on bulkhead or some easy to get to spot with a 110v extension cord.  It is not a shore power plug as those ends are completely different.  Guys have used household 110 plugs, boxes and wiring for 12v riggers- it can work but not best practice as marine wiring is a better choice.  If you find wire nuts plan on doing the wiring over with the right materials.

On 8/31/2022 at 7:01 AM, tuffishooker said:

Just used the plugs and wired them 12 volts IMO !

Easier to convert broken rigger connection to household plug and install an outlet. Did this with a friends pontoon boat for riggers. Plug tucked away and installed long power cord so we did not have to mess with wiring under the floor to keep it clean. only have riggers on boat when fishing works great.