Shelf clouds over Mexico bay

Great shots of shelf clouds over lake O. Front edge of serious thunder storms and torrential rain that hit on Monday PM. You see these babies coming , it’s time to scoot.

Pics  taken from N and S Sandy Pond 

1F2F2CF9-0F23-4D4B-A963-DE705A67055A.jpeg

E8A2716F-586C-4C2C-A3A8-5006FAEA2AF8.jpeg

• Like 5

Yesterday afternoon we were fishing out of Sandy Creek in Monroe County which is about 20 miles west of Rochester.  My buddy was driving the boat heading west while we were trolling.  I'm sitting turned around facing east watching the rods while he is driving.  For as many times that I have been out fishing, I have never seen anything like this before.  I'm looking in the distance at some strange clouds and I see what looks like a cloud that is shaped like a huge pillar.  This thing is coming straight down from the clouds to the surface of the lake.  It was a long ways off.  This was really strange looking.  I say to my buddy,  Look at this strange cloud coming straight down to the water".  He turns around and says to me I hope it's not coming our way, that looks like a water spout.  After a short while it just disappeared.  Never seen anything like it.  I wish I had taken a picture of it

Edited by Jimmyi