Sampson State Park

Murphy

If you are thinking of camping at Sampson State Park and taking your boat along for fishing or pleasure beware. I was there last week for camping and fishing and had a visit from range dickhead, was told boat had to be parked in the lot by office and not at site. Spent a week here last year and had boat at site with no problems. I was told that the rule was changed this spring of where your boat must be parked. I asked him if there was security and cameras watching the area and was told no. I asked who would be responsible for stolen or damage while the boat was there and was told the owners insurance company. I asked what if I don't move it from the site and was told the police would be called and I would be removed. There is no hook ups for power to charge batteries. Drove the boat home 4.5 hours and drove back up the next morning, $140 dollars in gas. The next day I went to Cayuga State Park and spoke to them about staying the next year and there policy on boats at campsite and was told they are allowed. They could not believe that the ranger changed the boat at campsite rule. WILL NOT GO BACK TO SAMPSON STATE PARK!!!!

• Like 1

We booked a stay for memorial day weekend in 2021 for 22 paid the full price that day., Previously 2020 we had a cabin for the weekend... We were assured it covered everything and we would have the same boat slip for the weekend. I call 2 weeks ahead they didn't have a slip, they work that out but come checkout time they add $200 to the bill because of an unexpected price increase. I state we had a contract once we paid in full 365 days ago. No deal they say. I was told that we couldn't book the cabin again it had to go into a lottery style situation first come first serve. The manager says in not letting "you" book it.... We'll never go there again for a stay, won't be fishing the memorial day weekend next year, off to Canandaigua for a vrbo weekend.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app