Oak Orchard day trip ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Heading up to the Oak tomorrow morning, second time on the big lake this year. Pretty sad considering we made at least 20 trips in 2021. Anyways.. had room in the boat for 1 more person and I opted to throw a request out on social media. The post said, โ€œlooking for someone to help move landscape boulder all day Saturdayโ€. Anyone willing to spend a day doing heavy manual labor deserves to fight a salmon.ย 
ย 

My neighbors moved a few miles away years ago. They have 4 boys, the oldest Tyler reached out to me Thursday late afternoon and offered to help. Havenโ€™t seen him in yearsโ€ฆ but there he was!ย 
ย 

Tyler is a Marine and we will be proudly displaying the Stars and Stripes up high on the bow (18โ€™ Trophy). If you see us, throw a wave and we will do the same. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

50499499-3F09-422F-A0E0-AFC7AB4C71DD.jpeg

• Like 4

Whaler1 . Thanks for the reply. I fished for a couple hours in there today and didnโ€™t move a rod. ย I did have a decent screen and I had spoons and flys right in their face!! I knew it was a long shot but I wasnโ€™t willing to drive deep today. Good luck guysย 

Same for us today off Olcott. All week I am pulling out spoons, meat heads and jplug harnesses way down kings mouths. They were chewing. Today 1 for 4 in the morning then in for breakfast and then reset for offshore steelhead head. ZERO steelhead today over fantastic water with a midge hatch, bait, slick lines โ€ฆ..should have been perfect. Three hours and one release and maybe two hooks on the graph. The bite is off today.ย 

1 hour ago, Gill-T said:

Same for us today off Olcott. All week I am pulling out spoons, meat heads and jplug harnesses way down kings mouths. They were chewing. Today 1 for 4 in the morning then in for breakfast and then reset for offshore steelhead head. ZERO steelhead today over fantastic water with a midge hatch, bait, slick lines โ€ฆ..should have been perfect. Three hours and one release and maybe two hooks on the graph. The bite is off today.ย 

Also went out of Olcott today and fished 50-150 and had decent screen but only got a laker. Went offshore to 450-470 and got 3 2 year old kings, a steelhead and a nice coho. Went back inside 50-100 fow for half an hour and has a big king hit a spoon and break us off and got a brown.

Warm water has blown back in for now. I would think the lake will flip at some point. We went out in the 6 footers to check for marks and do a temp check and the fish are mostly gone from shallow water.ย 

we went out of Olcott Saturday, never deeper than 120' most of the time in 60ies. Went 4-4 on kings all mature. The best part was we had no net and didn't lose a single one, 3 within 2 hours of daylight and the biggest just over #25 hit at 12:05 just as we started clearing rods.