Fished out of Catfish Creek 8-27 to

8-30.  Then got blown off the lake Wednesday and Thursday like everyone else. Managed to get one mature king in the morning and evening each day. Monday was the best day we got 3 Monday morning.  2 nights in a row we got one at exactly 7:30.  Got one fish in 160 the rest were between 95 and 120. All on riggers set at 100 to 80'  nothing on dipsies which tells me they were kind of bottom huggers.  All on Flasher flies: Lances 2 face with a stud and spin doctor  White with green dots with  a green hammer. 21"  Fly length at 2.6 MPH.  Was all over the place from Sandy pond to 5 stacks.

20220829_124911.jpg

20220829_102737.jpg

20220829_100312.jpg

20220829_100055.jpg

20220827_195938.jpg

• Like 3

I fished out of mexico the last 2 days for 3 hours each day(middle of the day). Fished from Selkirk up past the big river in 40-80 ft of water.  Not a hit either day.  Only marked a very few fish each day.  Saw 1 fish boated each day one in 40 and 1 in 60.  Not many fish at all in the river.  They seem to be running late this year.  Looks like quite a bit of rain coming next week may be whats needed to cool things off.

16 hours ago, elrodalonzo said:

I fished out of mexico the last 2 days for 3 hours each day(middle of the day). Fished from Selkirk up past the big river in 40-80 ft of water.  Not a hit either day.  Only marked a very few fish each day.  Saw 1 fish boated each day one in 40 and 1 in 60.  Not many fish at all in the river.  They seem to be running late this year.  Looks like quite a bit of rain coming next week may be whats needed to cool things off.

Reports from the charter guys out of Mexico make it seem like the fishing is on fire in the bay... I'm seeing reports on fb of double digit numbers of fish landed and 20+ bite trips. I havent been up since last weekend so I guess I'll see for myself tomorrow. 

There were charters fishing in front of the river.  They could be doing well early/late in the day.  As I stated we fished mid day but I'm retired and live close by so I was just doing a recon trip to check it out.  We marked very few fish and the reports on the radio were not promising.  Just honestly reporting what we experienced.  Will be going again after the weekend I'll report my findings then.  Good luck to all.

• Like 1

Was out yesterday, Monday 12th
Set up by 6am started in 30 ft of water in front of Salmon River. Pointed out deeper first fish hit in 55 ft down 43 Moonshine Oscar spoon. Second hit same rig in 60 ft. bite slowed for us once sun was up missed 3 fish on dipsey 120-130 out rock star flasher/fly missed 2 on dipsey with chartreuse paddle/fly. back to dock at noon with 2 kings

Sent from my moto e6 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1