Spinner Blade sizes and shapes

zedzee

I have been running my website for two years now (Painted Back Rigs) and the majority of sales are of crawler harnesses with Colorado size 4 and 4.5 blades, followed by size 5 & 6 and then size 4.5 and 5 Willow Leafs.  I also have had some hatchet and arrowhead blades in with the mix.  From time to time I get suggestions to go to larger Willow Leafs and I have done some tandem ones as well. My sales on size 3 and 3.5 Colorados were minimal and I only keep one in the lineup at a time now. I do not carry any crawler harnesses made with size 2 or smaller Colorado blades.

I have had a few customers say they like the wide choice I have in deep cup blades but not sure that it has been a selection criteria for that many.  So far, I have reduced my lineup in the Colorado size 3 and 3.5 sizes and have stayed away from size 6 and larger Willow Leafs.  I have also increaded my lineup percentage in deep cup Colorado blades over the past year.

My questions for the group is what is your first and second choice for blade shape and size for your crawler harnesses?  Does it make a difference to you in your choice whether the blade is deep cup or hammered or dimpled?  If a willow leaf does it make a difference to you if it is  a serrated edge or not? Do you prefer tandem willow leaf setups? Looking to get a consensus but I am going to guess it will lineup fairly closely with what has been my sales experience and decisions so far.

FYI - I did not ask for any feedback on color choice but I thought you might like to hear from me what you already know - overr the past two years, the demand for purple and antifreeze has continued to grow and is reflected in my limited website sales experience.

Thanks for any input you care to provide.

When I ran harnesses a few years back it was all double serrated edge willows in silver and gold painted in various colors (I powder paint air brush my own). I ran them in the spread with spoons and felt that the willows were more speed tolerant. The bite on Erie has been so insane for the past few years I just run spoons and plugs.