Fish hawk x4 probe reading 3.8

Last trip on big O my fish hawk probe started reading 3.8  Degrees. Which from other information on the website I heard is a death blow for the probe. The unit is 16 months old which is covered under the 2 year warranty from fishhawk so I registered a warranty issue through their website via email they got back to me the same day and are sending me a new probe and said I could keep the old one. I was fortunate it happened while it is still under warranty because I heard other guys that had the same issue That weren't as fortunate. My sympathies are with them. And that's my story

Glad to hear you guys got service from Fish Hawk. They didn't even have the courtesy to tell me my display is over the warranty limit and I'm SOL.  Since some of the LCD's are failing I have to guess at some readings of probe depth. I guess there only made to last 3 or 4 years.

My LCD was screwed up for a while too it had gotten  Moisture inside it from a rainstorm making the display read funny.. I had to take it apart pull  The display unit out of the casing and stick it in a bag of rice for a couple days then it started reading OK.

This is a good reminder to cover my FH when I take the cover off the boat.  Lots of condensation in the morning and I'm not sure I trust the display or connections to be waterproof. 

Rice method works for wet/moist electronics. I've had it work on stuff I would have sworn was toast....