Electronics upgrade

Reel Chaos

There is not that much difference between a EVO3 and a EVO3'S except for some screen brightness screen and faster processor. There is a new model from Simrad base on a Android platform and very easy to use. 
It's a new model so I should say to wait maybe to the next season so they can correct some small glitches; at this moment you can't use a Navionics map but maybe you don't use it's the case it's not a big deal. Depends also what you are using for AP .

You have a excellent unit with your EVO2.

What's wrong with the EVO2 you're running? Simrad makes a nice AP that I'm pretty sure would work with that unit?

For trolling purposes, outside of Garmins PS30 Panoptix transducer, there isn't any "new technology" that is going to help you out. Traditional sonar, which has been around forever, is still king.

What transducer are you running in that SIMRAD?

• Like 1

What's wrong with the EVO2 you're running? Simrad makes a nice AP that I'm pretty sure would work with that unit?

For trolling purposes, outside of Garmins PS30 Panoptix transducer, there isn't any "new technology" that is going to help you out. Traditional sonar, which has been around forever, is still king.

I just installed an AP44 with my EVO2 this past spring. Installed it myself, with patience it's not difficult. Works great!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 9/14/2022 at 8:09 AM, Yankee Troller said:

It’s a total scan transducer

13 hours ago, Reel Chaos said:

It’s a total scan transducer

Get yourself a 600w dual frequency transducer and you'll be amazed at how much more you see. Fish on 50khz and cruise with 200khz. If you want a transom mount transducer go with an Airmar P66. If you want a better option an Airmar B60 thru-hull is the way to go.

1 hour ago, Yankee Troller said:

Get yourself a 600w dual frequency transducer and you'll be amazed at how much more you see. Fish on 50khz and cruise with 200khz. If you want a transom mount transducer go with an Airmar P66. If you want a better option an Airmar B60 thru-hull is the way to go.

Got a price on the transom mount airmar p66 ?

And by all means, get a micro SD card and download the very latest software upgrade for your SIMRAD.  I have  an NSS12 EVO2 on my Grady.  Recently I purchased the C-Map Great Lakes chart card and found it did not run correctly until after installing the most recent software upgrade.  That made a huge difference overall in the performance of the unit.  And that C-Map card is a real winner.  Definitely give that a look.

Edited by Grady95
  • Like 1