Solo rookie trip to big water

Drcaddis

Decided I would give Ontario a try. I normally fish Champlain for silver and lakers but thought what the heck. Of course the wife was worried cause I was going solo but when a lake calls we must answer. Lots of boats on Thursday all in 60 feet. Trolled all morning using regular fair then switched to a honeybee and trolling fly I tied. Bingo. Guess I’ll give it another try when the wind lays down. 

9D77BAD8-42AF-48BD-8995-C0AF39BE209D.jpeg

4CCCF10C-1C11-4647-B8D3-6E0463F60E02.jpeg

9F6F88A3-A48C-4D46-B1E7-256212C27C79.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

you couldn't ask for a better day on your first trip. as for going alone i use to fish alone a bunch. i just loved fishing more than most of my friends. I fished the intracoastal by a bridge in ft pierce Fl by myself a few times. then I got older and made a trip by myself. I had dropped anchor and letting the strong currents drift me back along the bridge piling the boat started to bang the piling when I pushed off from it I got to far over and ended up falling in the water. it took everything I had to fight the current and get back to my boat. after reaching the boat a just hung on to the transom and motor for maybe 15 minutes resting until I could pull myself in the boat. when I got home and told the wife she told me that was the end of fishing alone. that was a few yrs. ago and I haven't fished alone again.