Safe to put boats in the water?

• 2 weeks later...

In the Box, a simple solution to your question is, if you have access to shore power, is to place a work light in your motor box area. A simple 100w light bulb will generate enough heat to keep the compartment warm enough to keep your engine from freezing. Of course you will have to turn it on. Not being smart..........

I also have an I/O and my engine is below deck I hang the work light clear from any contact with motor parts etc. I also cover the hatch.

Of course, if the air temperature is forcast to fall ridiculously low you may have to take additional precautions.

I am sure this will generate some interesting responses but this does work.

Hank, thanks for the reply. I was not sure how this simplified solution would be received.

Good Luck on the water.

In The Box, are you from PA? I had a buddy who chartered out of Oak Orchard ( Blue Ribbon Charters ) who's dock mate was also In The Box.

thanks for your replys guys.

Persistence,

I keep my boat at mikes marina, before i kept it at dowie dales campground in mexico bay. Also kept it at fairhaven for awhile.

I Live in CNY, Close to the Big Lake. I never been to the oak before. Must be someone else.

Pat

In the Box, thanks for your reply.

I will be up your way fishing the Oswego and Sodus Pro-Am's. I have been fishing with Team Rebel for a number of years and we really enjoy fishing in your area.

Good fishing!

No i dont. Not that i dont want to. Just never had the time. My last job was hard to get days off during the week. We are going to fish the oswego one this year. Dont know much about them but heard they are fun.

Pat