Went out before dark last night . No hits. Saw best marks at 70 on bottom 

Been out twice . No fish . No jumpers.

Fished  row boat bass  at the mouth twice . No jumpers . 

A few fish jumping in the creek . 

Only a few guys fishing the creek and they are not doing well. 

Back out this morning . I need some Skien . 

Don't get me started about the pen  fish . More on that later . 

• Sad 2

I check the the Web-Cam at Fort Niagara every day. Not just to see boats but mostly to check on Lake conditions as the marine forecasts are typically way off. Rarely see boats heading out. Typical for this year. Also know a lot of people who fish Ontario between The NB and Olcott. For this entire season most everyone has the same opinion. Not seeing many fish, It didn't help that the fish cleaning station was removed at Wilson as well. Have to say that this year was the poorest fishing on Ontario that I have witnessed in the last 20 years or so. I know of a lot of very good fisherman who  shared the same opinion. In contrast, I am fortunate to live a few miles from Lake Erie and the walleye fishing has been the absolute best I have seen in years. I always take time to speak with boaters and most I have spoken tell me  if there going to burn 4 plus bucks a gallon on gas, they may as well get something for it instead of washing lures. My personal opinion is that the state is Neglecting the Lake Ontario fishery. Just look back at all the fish caught this year with Lamprey's attached or showing signs of being attacked. Never seen that level of fish showing those sign's. Again, I attribute it to the neglecting of the state. Really sad to see the business's struggling along the entire shore line of lake O. Wait until 2024 when ALL boaters will be required by NY state  to obtain certification to operate a small craft regardless of tears experience. That is going to kill Lake Ontario in my opinion. be interested to hear from those whose fish the Eastern end and hear your comments. 

East end brown trout fishing was great most of the time out,,,lake trout was really good,,salmon was slow for me on the east end,,,(Mexico) average a couple an outing,,,,steelhead was nonexistent for me this year, which was odd because other years I did pretty good on them at times

Trolled out of Mexico today for 6 hours 30 - 70 ft of water.  1 king a little over sixteen lbs.  Only hit.  Hardly any fish marked hardly any boats out on a friday afternoon lake like glass marked almost no fish.  Report of not many fish in the river.  Looks to me like a very bad year?  Been out for 3 weeks fishing?  Getting late in the season now.

Eastern basin was great for me this year. Only my second year doing the big lake fishing so I still have a lot to learn. Browns were way better this year than last in the spring. I want to say I ran about 10 trips this summer for kings. Always caught at least one or two. Have yet to have one of those epic “20 bite” days I keep hearing about lol. Either way I was extremely happy with the fishing this year. The freezer is stocked for winter, got a bunch of friends on their first kings, and started figuring out the patterns. I usually fished the Henderson/stony creek area this summer.  Closer to the house and gas was stupid this summer. 

I've been out half a dozen times since August. So far I've landed two steelhead, one brown, and 20 lb King. Lost two kings on rips fishing by myself and couldn't handle all the rods. Free bird 18 is correct in that the salmon seem to have a lot of Lamprey marks on them this year. Still hoping to get out yet on a couple more trips.

• 2 weeks later...

I havent been out in a month, life got busy. Planning on going out most of this weekend.

I had a decent year fishing out of Mexico. Lots of browns. A few small steelheads. Only a half a dozen kings throughout the summer. This was my 1st full year fishing lake Ontario (only made it out once last year) so I cant complain. Caught fish every trip. 

• Thanks 1

Been busy with regular job, part time painting job, reffing hockey and Fire Dept stuff. Fished 1st responder bass event last Friday on I bay and finished 3rd but honestly my partner caught more fish than me and saved us. Might try and go out Sat morning before hockey and see if Whaler wants to tag along. Will go out of river and troll J plugs or go off shore. I will post if we have any luck.