Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

Ya.. may go to my airbnb and get some stuff done and hunt the afternoon. Passed up a young doe this morning. Saw 5 others out of shooting range. Passed up two small bucks yesterday. 8 does the night before also passed up a 100inch 8. Had some bucks fighting in one of the fields on a walk out yesterday. So I'm going to throw some calls in the bag see if we get a looker to come in! Big boy has been mia now for a couple days. Got more cameras up on 3 different properties to see if I can find anything else that sparks my interest! IMG_20221001_180501168.jpgSnapchat-1537957052.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Youth hunt yesterday in 8H. David put a perfect shot on this doe and she didn’t go 20. Practice pays off. On a side note, if you teach a kid to field dress their first one, try to make it in the daylight. We all know how much more difficult a flashlight job can be. 

D4F59ADE-58BD-4F56-A1EC-DCA89F48CED0.jpeg

63EAD17A-6FD2-46AA-97AC-0023DAA75692.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Youth hunt yesterday in 8H. David put a perfect shot on this doe and she didn’t go 20. Practice pays off. On a side note, if you teach a kid to field dress their first one, try to make it in the daylight. We all know how much more difficult a flashlight job can be. 

D4F59ADE-58BD-4F56-A1EC-DCA89F48CED0.jpeg

63EAD17A-6FD2-46AA-97AC-0023DAA75692.jpeg

AWESOME!

A quick update from me on my season so far...

Ughhh... I have yet to hunt this year. Work is killing me. My construction world has been crazy this year and has been since the covid out break. The issue is that everything on the books for 2022 needs to be done before old man winter arrives. With that being said I should be caught up enough with work in the next couple of weeks and Im hoping I can begin my annual grind about the 3rd week of October. Fingers crossed.

I did take some time yesterday, midday, to visit a few stands and do some final tweaks on them. The real purpose of the trip in the woods was to move a stand that I found was hanging in a dead tree. That has been rehung and actually I like the new spot better than the old.

Fun morning. Lots of deer on their feet. 
Had a group of five deer, three big doe, a button buck and a doe fawn walk by me five times. Saw two young bucks. 
Hoping to see a shooter soon but at least I’m seeing multiple deer almost every hunt. 

Got into my stand at 330. Pretty evening and good wind. A few minutes after 6 a quad comes flying up from the south and drives right up to the trail leading to my stand. I start yelling at him (many profanities) and told him to come here. 
He starts to and has second thoughts and screws. Good news is I know where he lives and drove the mile and a half south to his house. Little knocks on the door got no response but banging did. 
At first he denied it but when I told him his choice was one of my cop friends or a handshake and an apology he chose the second option. At least at this point he knows I know where he lives. 

D5B95983-54EF-4287-A43B-633EF67FA0B3.jpeg

Edited by whaler1
  • Like 1

Took advantage of the nice weather and got the kids out behind the house. My daughter spotted the deer first, a doe with two yearlings, so they got a pass. A 4th small doe made it way to the plot, but didn’t offer a shot. Great night to be in the stand. 

EBA77FFF-EC46-4807-8ABC-3D7A740B26B3.jpeg

787557CF-6B85-4371-9A49-1785A343C052.jpeg

• Like 4

Checked a couple cameras today that have been set up for a little over a month now. Got a lot of good pictures, but mostly night time activity. This is the 3rd year that ive been watching the very symmetrical 10 point, and my second year targeting him. With the most recent set of pictures, I've finally figured out his bedding location. Now to just wait until the time and weather are right!
received_664317295003284.jpg
received_1105024150155796.jpg
received_514366240132667.jpg
received_3284627515138542.jpg
received_1056398198382166.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Gill-T said:

OMG I think I am targeting the same buck!  To be sure, could you send me the location of the buck’s bedding area?  Thanks ahead of time. 

I didn't realize there were so many people that hunt on Whaler's property....thought yellow fourwheeler guy and myself were the only ones...