Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

Yep, not even trying until it gets cool. I am starting to see doe kills along the road so they are starting to bump. I came across a fresh scrape pheasant hunting Friday but that is the only sign I have seen. 

Well, I thought I'd screwed the pooch when I busted a nice buck from under the stand on the way in. I got a picture of him 150 yards away 20 minutes after he was telling the entire woods that danger had arrived. Surprisingly, around 8 am, I had a nine point come in and hang out for half an hour; he started to bed down, then came right under the stand. He seemed to think that something was up, but couldn't get a handle on it. I think that the ozone I'd hit my outfit with on the way over confused his nose. Anyway, I got some great video of him under the stand - he was your typical 3 1/2 year old eight point with a crotch on the right antler.

Snuck out after work in the light rain into a hut. Put my bow in a plastic bag. Stopped raining for the last hour. Saw some deer just before shooting time aka dark. Buck was busted up down to the main beams but did a 180 to a grunt and circled down wind. Fun when a call makes a difference. 

lots of leaves fell. Whole different woods from Sunday. 

hope to get out in the am too. 

CA05F2B7-00D9-42BD-958A-2234C50D15A1.png

• Like 2

Quick sit before work yesterday netted absolutely nothing. Beans are harvested at the Albion property - cell cams are dead, but I know that there's been some chasing. The next four days could be interesting. Historically, the week leading up to Halloween has been my #1 for sightings and opportunities. I generally can't make myself pull the trigger until the last week though, unless it's a beast.

Had an opportunity at some does in a spot that was easy to get one out. So i took it and big girl down. #2 for the freezer. Definitely getting a good amount of bucks pics and some daylight activity young be buck ticking antlers. Of course the one I'm chasing still being nocturnal. Lol. 150770.thumb.jpg.0f685ced1356688cbad0aafe8415b9ce.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4