Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

Every small buck in the woods in walking around with their noses to the ground, searching. But no chasing, and no monsters run amok in my neck of the woods. 

Where's Rob? MIA with work earlier in the month, I know, but his absence is felt.

• Like 1

Positive thoughts needed. My brother thinks he shot the buck of his lifetime. Broadside with 8” of arrow with fixed blade inside. No exit wound so leaving it overnight.  Heading out in the morning to start tracking 

• Like 1

October 30 am
31 degrees
Clear skies
S wind 5 mph

Clear, crisp, and frosty start this morning. Lots of deer on their feet too. 18 deer total including 6 bucks. No shooters. Bumped a stinky buck walking in also.
Taking the afternoon off and going to hang stands on a new spot.
IMG_20221030_080859556.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No deer recovery unfortunately.  Very little blood. 1/4 mile track job that spanned four properties ended in only the hope the deer survives. With eight inches of arrow missing plus four inches of front quarter thickness means 12” of penetration. The arrow cartwheeled out when the deer bolted from the front leg shearing off the arrow. Arrow in the crease 1/3 the way up from the brisket. Should have been lethal but must have found some dead space between the top of the heart and the lungs. My brother is pretty bummed. 

5 hours ago, Gill-T said:

No deer recovery unfortunately.  Very little blood. 1/4 mile track job that spanned four properties ended in only the hope the deer survives. With eight inches of arrow missing plus four inches of front quarter thickness means 12” of penetration. The arrow cartwheeled out when the deer bolted from the front leg shearing off the arrow. Arrow in the crease 1/3 the way up from the brisket. Should have been lethal but must have found some dead space between the top of the heart and the lungs. My brother is pretty bummed. 

ugh... never a good feeling

Fun sit tonight in a stand I haven’t hunted before. Saw 5 deer, three doe including a giant, a year and a half buck and a pretty two and a half. Didn’t see any chasing, kind of just walking around. 

• Like 1