Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

October 29 pm
58 degrees
NNE wind 5-15
Clear skies

What a great first sit! Lots of deer moving. 30+ deer seen but only one buck. At one point I had a train of 19 does and fawns walk within 25 yards of the stand.

IMG_20221029_152030756.thumb.jpg.5a4ef0e7bb1386f4e0633aab29b292dd.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It is crazy the amount of deer you guys have on that side of the city! I don't know a single farm in this county that someone sees 30 deer a sit!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Most are exclusive rights with no pressure. With that being said you get to see aloof deer. Usually the buck to doe ratio is way off because u hunt trophies and not many doe are shot. But to the few that run into this it's heaven. Guys keep up the good work and let's see those bucks

Sent from my SM-A326U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was on stand at 7 and for the first couple hours I saw nothing. Around 930 I had a couple young bucks chasing does on my right. They all came towards the stand and turned and went back west. Wind was perfect, the didn’t see or smell me, it was just the direction the doe took. Right shots out of that tree suck, lots of brush and tree branches. 
At 1030 I was about to get down, rain was close. Next thing I knew the buck came from the same direction as the others. I could tell right away he was a shooter for me, at least 3 and 1/2. Hoped he would come across but like the others he turned. I took a very quick 25 yard shot through some brush and was horrified to see the arrow hit very high and very back, the Luminock sticking up out of his back as he ran off. 
I was disgusted with myself. 
I got down and decided to see if there was blood. No reason to look for the arrow, it was painfully visible as he ran off. I walked to where I hit him and found blood, tons of it. I followed the blood with my eyes and saw him on the ground!  I backed out and called Tommy who met me and helped with the recovery. Better to be lucky than good sometimes!

C9353024-B618-4FEC-BAEF-4031721245C7.jpeg

5F0BADD0-F1C1-4C46-A434-2A81F51D1E82.jpeg

8EF05E10-93B4-4C6F-94DE-D0F040CD164C.jpeg

• Like 27

Nice buck!  Crazy what is happening right now. My buddy has a nighttime trail cam picture of a buck breeding a doe. The pattern is typical for this time of year. Bucks cruise all night and bed as light appears. Then late morning they get up and take a cruise. 

2 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Was on stand at 7 and for the first couple hours I saw nothing. Around 930 I had a couple young bucks chasing does on my right. They all came towards the stand and turned and went back west. Wind was perfect, the didn’t see or smell me, it was just the direction the doe took. Right shots out of that tree suck, lots of brush and tree branches. 
At 1030 I was about to get down, rain was close. Next thing I knew the buck came from the same direction as the others. I could tell right away he was a shooter for me, at least 3 and 1/2. Hoped he would come across but like the others he turned. I took a very quick 25 yard shot through some brush and was horrified to see the arrow hit very high and very back, the Luminock sticking up out of his back as he ran off. 
I was disgusted with myself. 
I got down and decided to see if there was blood. No reason to look for the arrow, it was painfully visible as he ran off. I walked to where I hit him and found blood, tons of it. I followed the blood with my eyes and saw him on the ground!  I backed out and called Tommy who met me and helped with the recovery. Better to be lucky than good sometimes!

C9353024-B618-4FEC-BAEF-4031721245C7.jpeg

5F0BADD0-F1C1-4C46-A434-2A81F51D1E82.jpeg

8EF05E10-93B4-4C6F-94DE-D0F040CD164C.jpeg

Yesssss Bill! Congrats. Very nice buck!

October 31 pm
59 degrees
Variable wind
Cloudy with occasional rain shower

Slow up until about 500 and then the deer were on their feet. Maybe they were waiting for the rain to pass before they got out of their beds. 18 deer seen from the stand tonight including 4 bucks. And another 7 seen on the walk out in the adjacent field. I witnessed a hell of a buck fight between 2 1.5 year old bucks within 10 yards of my stand.

IMG_20221031_160639664_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app