Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

Very cool! My evening sit consisted of having a big buck watch me climb into my stand, then walk away slowly. Priceless.

That was the only deer I saw. It must be the rut...boom or bust.

• Like 1

Well one year ago to the day I was going back to the hospital for the 2nd time from covid. Fast forward one year and I'm out enjoying my life hunting and fishing and I have a fantastic whitetail buck on the ground. This deer has consumed my thoughts since the summer. We have watched him grow. Got videos of him loosing his velvet. Lots of pictures of him. Have videos of him checking out what I was doing in the woods. Spent most of the first month playing cat and mouse with him and he always had the upper hand. And finally we crossed paths and I sealed the deal! This deer is super meaningful and rewarding to harvest after all the hard work. Here's some awesome pictures of him!received_515071363809644~2.jpgreceived_486355443274625.jpgreceived_1180629606133985.jpgIMG_20221101_021328380.jpg373a35e9-933b-4eee-b506-d5f9193b6063.jpg4c5e0437-732e-4b3f-acf6-05d36eb014f8.jpg129938.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 17

I have a LOCBA meeting tonight so no stand time for me tonight. Knowing that I went and hung a new set when I got out of work. Im typically an edge or a fringe hunter and this set is deep in the middle of the woods. Primary bedding all around me. No humans ever venture this deep. Not even the trespassers lol. I actually had to get adjoining landowners permission for access. I needed a back door entrance in order for it to work and this was it. Set was hung for northerly winds so I will have to pick my days wisely but gun season I should get plenty of chances to use it.

• Like 1

Great bucks all. 
Had a great opportunity Sunday afternoon. 
Long draw back, buck fever and tunnel vision. Hit a twig or made the worst shot every. 
Huge loud noise on impact. Buck didn’t move much. My heart sunk as I noticed blood on his rear leg. 
He moved slow and wondered what happened. Another buck near by didn’t spook either. 
Waited and got down to find my arrow and no blood. Arrow was waxy, broadhead all bent up and rear end of arrow missing.  Walked a little and there was a decent blood trail but it dried up. Looked again Monday in daylight and found nothing. 

Plan to go back this afternoon and hunt. Bow is on.

Low expectations but gotta get back at it.