Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

Can you run ozone on your breath  azzhole and armpits?
As a matter of fact yes! It's really a very simple process and science....... Ozone is an extremely unstable molecule. With that being said it attaches itself to anything and everything around it, in this case our scent. When I say everything I'm referring to your dander, breathe, azzhole, armpits, leg pits, hell even cigarette smoke and your cell phone that everyone plays on while sitting there that probably has more scent on it then anything. Personally I think it kind of helps on your clothes maybe a little, when it's truly working is when you are running it while in the tree or on the ground doesn't matter. It has to be ran properly also, swirling winds are tough as the ozone will go in a direction and your scents go in another. The ONLY way to say whether or not it works is to try it..... to say it something does or doesn't work when never experimenting with it is absurd.

As a matter of fact yes! It's really a very simple process and science....... Ozone is an extremely unstable molecule. With that being said it attaches itself to anything and everything around it, in this case our scent. When I say everything I'm referring to your dander, breathe, azzhole, armpits, leg pits, hell even cigarette smoke and your cell phone that everyone plays on while sitting there that probably has more scent on it then anything. Personally I think it kind of helps on your clothes maybe a little, when it's truly working is when you are running it while in the tree or on the ground doesn't matter. It has to be ran properly also, swirling winds are tough as the ozone will go in a direction and your scents go in another. The ONLY way to say whether or not it works is to try it..... to say it something does or doesn't work when never experimenting with it is absurd.
Agreed. I run ozonics and have been very successful with it. I was a skeptic as well but the guy in our ohio hunting group that buys everything showed up with one. In southern Ohio once you dropped off the the top of the ridges the wind swirled alot. I used his unit where I was and went from getting busted constantly to having deer coming in. Some would sense nothing others would know something was up but still come through cautiously. Now I was constantly readjusting it in the tree which is a PIA but a small price to pay. They are also widely used in the medical industry! They do work. Good luck out there guys!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a heck of a hunt Sunday morning. Pulled up to the property to a driving rain and was bummed. Decided to play out the morning rain in a box blind near our back property food plot and see if I couldn’t luck into a doe dragging a buck through. 

So there I sit, warm and dry playing on my phone and right about 7:20, I set my phone down a there is a head just poking into the food plot, staring at me. Dang it, she doesn’t smell me but she caught the movement. She nervously backs out (not spooked per say) and pulls a few more deer with her. I don’t confirm what they are but if there was a buck following, that was a costly error. 

Around I decided to walk our small strip back field (about 70 yards wide) that is between hardwoods and an Ag field and play a ground sit where some giants have been cruising. I silently (everything is soaked) push to the back corner and as I get about to my spot I see a big body out in the Ag working a scrape. I’m thinking, wind in my face, chest high golden rod between me and the hedge, if I can pull this deer, I can put a stalk on him. 

Ok here we go, slip off the backpack hit the grunt tube and look. No reaction. Ok one more grunt, louder longer challenge. Bang head up, swiveling to catch the sound. Starts slowly moving from the ag toward my hedge. Holy crap phase 1 is working. Ok now I gotta get to 20 yards of that hedge, be ready for him to pop out and be in position. He stops to work another scrape, here we go. Hands and knees slide to the hedge, I cover 30 yards in a minute, dead quiet. Pop up to check him, he is now 50 out and coming slow and steady on a rope. Holy crap this is gonna happen. I get greedy. Give me 10 more yards to get within 15 of the hedge, I make the move, pop up, he is still coming.  He is now just behind the hedge within 25 yards, I slowly rise to catch his position. I lose him. He vanished. I look for a full three minutes, how could he be gone? It was right there? Flash of antlers just behind hedge, oh holy crap he’s at 15 yards. I quickly pop down into the golden rod and holder the crossbow. He clears the hedge into my field at 10 yards I have my crosshairs on him but I don’t want a frontal through golden rod. Comon dude, little more. After what seems like an eternity of looking, he steps through fully and turns broadside to the left at SEVEN STEPS. I slowly raise up, on his shoulder, he sees me, tenses up, I have golden rod in the scope still, but screw it, pull the trigger. He makes two bounds, flickers his tail, falls over dead. HOLY CRAP THAT JUST HAPPENED. I was over the moon. Was a story book spot and stalk that was out of a freakin TV show. 

Not a giant deer, but certainly respectable and probably one of my best hunting memories of all time. Absolutely incredible Sunday morning. 

9DF7FCC7-89F8-41FC-91C0-0C96FA6CB33C.jpeg

E22D7C2B-4866-4AA1-B4D6-6C20C519C7E6.jpeg

F2144E3F-78E6-4605-B0D4-7E74AB4C06B3.jpeg

• Like 20

November 14 am
33 degrees
NW wind 5 -10 mph
Cloudy

Late start at work this morning so I spent a few hours in a tree. Had another encounter with the same big buck from yesterday. Had him at 40 yards at 645 this morning but no chance at a clean shot. As cold as it has been I figured it would have been an action packed morning but I only saw 3 total. 1 mature buck, 1 young buck, and a fawn.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was thinking more like Rohypnol (Ruffie) laced bait pile. It is tasteless and odorless. Knock ‘em out, and take them for a cart ride so you don’t contaminate the area with gut piles….. brilliant!!!!

Thoughts on ozone: it definitely works, but the reason it works is that deer don't associate it with danger, But it is a dominant "odor" - you can certainly detect it, anyway. So, what happens when deer become conditioned to ozone? Are you then dousing your stuff in danger signal? I can foresee a time when it becomes prevalent enough to cause deer to react negatively. Ie, getting bumped by a hunter wearing ozone enough times is going to have an impact. 

I use it on my clothes for now, but am keeping an open mind for the future.

• Like 1

November 16 am
35 degrees
SW wind 5-15 mph
Cloudy
Snow turning to light rain

Well for the first time this year I hunted over snow. It was just a light dusting but it was the first for me.
Although a picture perfect morning the action was quite slow. I had an unknown deer walk by in the dark just as I say down. About 930 I had a shooter 8pt come by just out of range. 45 yards or so. That's the second time this week I had a mature buck hug that edge of the pinch and just out of range.
That would be it for my 4 hr morning sit.

Took the savage 220 to the range one last time before the opener. I can't say enough about that gun. Thank you to whoever convinced me in buying that model. I know most of you are shooting rifles at this point and there is only a few of us left hunting in a shotgun only area.

• Like 1

Been on stand since about 230 or so and have been covered in deer. This is the first sit in this set. This set actually hung about 40 yards away and I hunted it on a much different wind. Now it is set for West or Nw preferably. Better entry point. Better line of sight. I like it much better.

Just had another encounter with the big buck that I saw on Sunday afternoon and also Monday morning. He came out and worked a few scrapes down the edge of the field before dipping back into the woods.
Oddly he has a big sticker on his right side that seems to interfere with his ear. He literally looks "floppy eared" every time I see him. Strange.

• Like 1