Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

Seeing him that much u should stand a good chance at killing him once gun opens!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 damn times this week. I hope I get a crack at him before this year is over

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 16 pm
41 degrees
WNW wind 5-20 mph
Cloudy

Some good action this afternoon from the second I sat down. Dozen does and fawns. 4 bucks. 3 1.5 year olds and the floppy eared stud. I noticed the does I saw were crazy skittish. I'm sure they are sick of the harassment.
On the way out between the stand and the truck in the adjacent field, I bumped over 2 dozen deer. They were apparently pounding the picked butternut squash field. I was also greeted by a skunk. We made eye contact and slowly gave each other distance and allowed each other to pass.

Clock is ticking...

IMG_20221116_161703408.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Smoked a bunch of jerky today. Has been marinating since Monday. 
Can’t beat this time of year. 
Maybe snow on the ground Saturday morning? Bonus!

Edited by whaler1
  • Like 2

Was able to just beat the archery shot clock. I had 2 shooters on a cell camera just after 7am yesterday morning. I was able to move some meetings around and get in my stand at 3:30. At 4:35 this guy came cruising by looking for love. I thought the shot might have been a touch high. At dark my daughter and I went to the spot of the hit. No blood, no hair, no arrow... We followed his path of travel for about 30 yards and never found a speck of blood. Decided to back out and look for him this morning. Woke up to a covering of snow and my heart sank. Well we found him another 30 yards down the trail. Arrow broke a rib on entry and broke a far side rib and stopped just short of breaking skin, so no exit hole. You could see the broadhead poking the skin out. I shoot muzzy 4 blades. Shot took out the top both lungs. Its been a great week, 4 of the 5 of us that hunt together still holding archery tags all shot mature bucks in the last 4 days.

20221118_085316.jpg

20221118_085257.jpg

20221118_085211.jpg

• Like 15

Got a couple pics tonight of a buck I’ve had a lot of pics of this year including with my cell phone. Same stand I killed my bow buck in. He’s pretty busted up. 
love to see the buck that kicked his butt. 

First saddle kill.. got in about 130 all set up, had some passing does I ranged at 30 yards about 3pm then the 8 came threw right about dark about 5 yards farther from the previous does split the pins and shot didn’t know if I hit him or not, runs 20 yards and drops! On to gun for the weekend good luck and be safe